Besan Kadhi-बेसन कढ़ी; is an Indian curry made up by little sour curd and gram flour (बेसन). In kadhi a pakora also a main ingredient, without pakora kadhi is just a simple curry without anything. Someone uses simple gram flour (बेसन) pakora. Some made onion or potato pakora. I love onion pakora so I mention here onion pakora but if you don’t love it change and use any kind of your taste pakora. Besan kadhi best go with rice on summer but you can make it in any season and have it with chapattis or naan too. This is my best friend’s recipe… 😛
So, did you made besan kadhi using this recipe? How was it made? Please share your experience here in comment box with us. I love to hear from my readers.
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- Gram flour (बेसन) - 4 tbsp.
- Fenugreek (मेथी) seeds - 1 tsp.
- Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) - 4
- Asafoetida (हींग) - ½ tsp.
- Onion (प्याज) - 3 big
- Garlic (लहसुन) - 4-5 cloves
- Ginger (अदरक) - 1 inch
- Green chilli (हरी मिर्च) - 2
- Coriander leaves (हरा धनिया) - 4-5 springs
- Cloves (लौंग) - 3-4
- Curry leaves (करी पत्ते) - 1 spring
- Turmeric (हल्दी) - 1 tsp.
- Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder - 1 tsp.
- Chat masala - ½ tbsp.
- Dried ginger powder (सोंठ) - ½ tsp.
- Curd (दही) - ½ kg
- Oil as much requires.
- Water as much requires.
- Salt to taste.
- Finely chop onion (प्याज), garlic (लहसुन), green chilli (हरी मिर्च) & coriander leaves (हरा धनिया). Grate ginger (अदरक). Keep aside.
- In a deep bowl take 2 finely chop onion (प्याज), green chilli (हरी मिर्च) & coriander (हरा धनिया) leaves; add 2 tbsp. gram flour (बेसन), ½ tbsp. red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, chat masala and salt to taste. Mix well so the onions fully cover with gram flour (बेसन), if needed add little water.
- In a deep pan heat sufficient oil, take spoon full and drop it into hot oil, deep fry till golden brown. Place in a tissue paper, so extra oil absorbed. Keep aside these onion pakora’s.
- In a deep bowl take curd (दही) and water, mix well. Now add remaining gram flour (बेसन) on this mixture and mix well so no lumps left. Now add turmeric (हल्दी), remaining red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder & salt to taste. Mix well. Keep aside.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp. oil and add remaining chopped onion (प्याज), sauté for a minute. Now add chopped garlic (लहसुन), grated ginger (अदरक), curry leaves (करी पत्ते), red chillies (लाल मिर्च), cloves (लौंग), asafoetida (हींग) and fenugreek (मेथी) seeds. Sauté till onion (प्याज) become translucent.
- Now simmer the flame and pour curd (दही)-water mix. Bring it to boil on high flame, keep stirring.
- Cook uncovered on simmer for 30-45 minutes. Keep stirring often, so that the khari don't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Now add dried ginger powder (सोंठ) and mix well.
- Finally add onion pakora’s which you make previously and switch of the gas. Keep aside cover for 20-30 minutes.
- Garnish Besan Kadhi with chopped coriander leaves (हरा धनिया) and serve hot with rice.
• If you don’t like onion pakora’s in kadhi, you can also make simple gram flour (बेसन) pakora’s by adding salt in gram flour (बेसन) with little water and deep fry.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.