Candy cane also called peppermint stick. A peppermint candy in the shape of cane. Usually food hanged over Christmas tree in Christmas time. Traditionally it’s white with Red strips and flavoured in peppermint, but as people become innovative and wants more and more variety in one thing. So, it’s started making in different colors and many flavours. This recipe describes traditional colour and flavour, but you can try your own flavour and color combination.
Did you made candy cane using this recipe or gave your own twist in color and flavour. Please share here in comment box. I love to hear from my recipes fans.
20 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- Peppermint flavouring - 1 tsp.
- Light corn syrup - ¾ cup
- Red eatable color - ¾ tsp.
- Cream of tartar - ¼ tsp.
- Granulated sugar - 3 cups
- Water - ½ cup
- In a pan combine sugar, water, light corn syrup and cream of tartar. Heat this mixture until sugar dissolve completely.
- Now divide this mixture into two sauce pan and heat, but don’t stair until temperature reaches 141° C. Once sufficient temperature reached add equal peppermint flavouring in each portion. Also add red eatable color in one portion. Mix well.
- Pour both mixtures separately onto prepared pans or a marble table. But must oil the table. Let it cool to handle easily.
- Now role both mixture separately and make a sausages like shape. Lay the 2 sausages next to each other and twist together.
- Gently roll the twisted length with the palm of your hand until the 2 sausages are joined and smooth and make a rope.
- Cut the rope into desire length and bend the one end of each to make a cane shape.
- Now leave them to cool completely. Store and enjoy this lovely tasty homemade hygiene candy cane.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.