Eggless Black Forest Cake
Black forest cake is made up with sandwich of several layers of sponge cake with whipped cream and cherries; topped with whipped cream, maraschino cherries (preserved cherries) and chocolate shavings. Making excellent eggless black forest cake at home is an art but not difficult. Try out this recipe and make it at home.
Love to hear words from you, please comment bellow.
1 hrPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
2 hrTotal Time
- Chocolate sponge cake - 8 inch round
- Orange juice - ¾ cup
- Whipped cream - 2 cup
- Canned cherries, stoned - 100 grams
- Chocolate, grate - 1/2 cup
- Chocolate shavings - 1 cup
- Trim the rounded top of the cake and then turn it upside down. Slice it horizontally into three pieces.
- Keep one pieces on a plate. Moisten it with some orange juice. Spread a layer of whipped cream. Over that sprinkle some canned cherries. Over this keep another slice of the cake and moisten it with some orange juice. Spread a layer of whipped cream. Over that sprinkle some canned cherries. Sprinkle some grated chocolate. Keep the last slice of cake over this and again moisten it with orange juice. Spread a thick layer of whipped cream over the top and on the sides of the sandwiched cake too.
- Dip the palette knife in hot water, wipe dry and smoothen the top and the sides.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle with the remaining whipped cream. Pipe out rosettes on the top of the cake along the outer edge. Sprinkle chocolate shavings on the top and also stick them on the sides of the cake. Finally place a cherry on each rosette.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator for an hour or two to set well. Cut into wedges and serve chilled.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.