Easy to make, quick recipe; this is basically a dish which made from cooked rice sauté in a lemon and spices. Whenever I had a less time and want to cook some yummy and easy, I make these Lemon rice and have them with curd – you can take is with any curry or simple as it is.
Did you try this recipe??? How it is made??? Share your experience; I love to hear words from y reader.
50 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Coriander (धनिया) seeds - 1 tsp.
- Mustard (सरसों) seeds - 1 tsp.
- Peanuts (मूंगफली) - ½ cup
- Turmeric (हल्दी) powder - 1 tsp.
- Green chilies (हरी मिर्च) - 2
- Curry leaves (कड़ी पत्ता) - 3-4
- Ginger (अदरक) - 1 inch
- Lemon (नींबू) - 2
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 minutes. Now, cook them in a pressure cooker. Keep aside.
- Slit green chilies (हरी मिर्च) lengthwise, grated ginger (अदरक). Roast peanuts (मूंगफली) without salt. Squeeze lemon (नींबू). Gently roast and make powder of coriander (धनिया) seeds. Keep aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and add mustard (सरसों) seeds, curry leaves (कड़ी पत्ता) and slit green chilies (हरी मिर्च). Sauté till start crackling.
- Add grated ginger (अदरक) and roast peanuts (मूंगफली). Sauté for a minute.
- After that add turmeric (हल्दी) powder and remove from flame.
- Add lemon (नींबू) juice and mix well.
- Now add cooked basmati rice, coriander (धनिया) powder and salt to taste. Mix evenly.
- Serve hot with any curry dish or eat as it is.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.