Palak pulao- पालक पुलाओ; spinach (पालक) is good source of vitamin D; give your family a healthy treat this Sunday. I must say they love this form of pulao. Very easy to make, yummy in taste and not require too much ingredient and time.
Are you thinking to make palak pulao from this recipe? Please share how it was made and is your family love this.
30 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- Basmati rice - ½ cup
- Sweet corn kernels (frozen) - ¼ cup
- Bay leaf (तेज पत्ता) - 1 small
- Cinnamon (दालचीनी) - 2 inch
- Spinach (पालक) - 340 grams
- Onion (प्याज) - 1
- Ginger (अदरक) - 1 inch
- Garlic (लहसुन) - 5-6 cloves
- Green chilli (हरी मिर्च) - 1
- Ghee (घी) - ½ tbsp.
- Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Wash and chop spinach (पालक). Slice onion (प्याज). Make a paste of ginger (अदरक) & garlic (लहसुन). Finely chop green chilli (हरी मिर्च). Keep aside all things.
- Rinse basmati rice in a water and soak them for 25-30 minutes.
- Boil 1 cup of chopped spinach (पालक) – left ½ cup of chopped spinach (पालक), drain the water and make fine puree.
- Heat ghee (घी) and oil in a pan; add bay leaf (तेज पत्ता) and cinnamon (दालचीनी). Sauté for a minute.
- Now add sliced onion (प्याज) and sauté until onions (प्याज) become translucent.
- Immediately add ginger-garlic (अदरक-लहसुन) paste and finely chopped green chilli (हरी मिर्च). Sauté until raw aroma of garlic (लहसुन) goes away.
- Add spinach (पालक) puree, ½ cup of leftover chopped spinach (पालक) and sweet corn kernels. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minute on low flame.
- Drain excess water from basmati rice and put them on spinach (पालक) mixture. Mix well and with stirring continuously cooks for a minute.
- Now add 1 ¼ cup of water and salt to taste. Mix well and bring it to boil over medium flame.
- When it brings to boil, cook cover for 10 minutes on low flame. Turn off the flame and keep it aside for 8-10 minutes covered.
- Serve hot with curd or you can take it as it is.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.