Suji Ka Halwa
Suji Ka halwa-सूजी का हलवा; most famous & almost everyone’s favourite. In my family we are used to make Suji Ka halwa twice in month and if it’s a pooja then must make. Like my family North Indian families are also used to make this in their homes. You also found it in Indian temple most of time as a Prasad. People prefer to have it with Puri but most of the time it is taken as it is.
Did you try to making Suji Ka halwa, how was it made? Please share your experience here in comment box.
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- Semolina (सूजी) - 1 ½ cups
- Ghee (घी) - ½ cup
- Water (पानी) - 3 cups
- Sugar (चीनी) - ½ cup
- Dry fruits (मेवे) - Hand full
- Roughly chop dry fruits (मेवे). Keep aside.
- In a deep heavy base pan add ghee (घी), when ghee (घी) starts malting add semolina (सूजी) and roast it till its turn very little brown and start giving aroma.
- Immediately start adding water slowly, keep staring to avoid lumps.
- Cook this mixture with continues staring for a minute.
- Add sugar; keep staring and cooking for another minute.
- Now add chopped dry fruits (मेवे); keep staring and cooking till this mixture starts leaving the sides of pan.
- Your mouth watering Suji Ka Halwa ready, serve it hot.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.