Aloo Chole Chaat
Aloo Chole Chaat “India’s famous street food”; one of my the favourite chaat, from my teen age I am found of it. In school time I ate it too much with lots of red chilli, but now chilli goes down as of health also considered… 😛 I may bet like me lots of people here in India who love aloo chole chaat like me. I made it lots of time at home, street side eat lots of time.
Below is the my Aloo Chole Chaat recipe, if you are also a fond of aloo chole chaat like me then try out it and why only if you like it then only make it, why you not try something new. Make it and share you experience here in comment box.
8 hrPrep Time
30 minCook Time
8 hr, 30 Total Time
- Chickpeas (काबुली चना) - ½cup
- Potato (आलू) - 2 medium
- Onion (प्याज) - 1 medium
- Tomato (टमाटर) - 1 medium
- Lemon (नींबू) - 1
- Coriander leaves (हरा धनिया) - 2 tbsp.
- Green chilies (हरी मिर्च) - 1
- Red chilli flakes - ½ tsp.
- Garam masala powder - ¼ tsp.
- Cumin (जीरा) powder - ½ tsp.
- Tamarind (इमली) - lemon size
- Water to boil chickpeas and potato.
- Salt to taste.
- Wash and soak chickpeas (काबुली चना) over night.
- On next morning boil these overnight soaked chickpeas (काबुली चना) in a pressure cooker upto 3 whistle with salt to taste or until not cooked, but don’t overcook; over cooked chickpeas (काबुली चना) spoil your dish.
- Remove from water (dry completely) and keep side to cool down in room temperature.
- Also wash and boil potato (आलू). Cool in room temperature, peel and finely dice. Keep aside.
- In the mean while chickpeas (काबुली चना) & potato (आलू) are boiling, finely chop onion (प्याज), tomato (टमाटर), coriander leaves (हरा धनिया) and green chilies (हरी मिर्च). Keep aside.
- Soak tamarind (इमली) in water for 5-10 minute. Reduce its juice by mish-mash process. Strain this water. Repeat this process twice. Keep this tamarind (इमली) water aside.
- Now take a 1 big mixing blow and add boiled chickpeas (काबुली चना), diced potato (आलू), chopped onion (प्याज), tomato (टमाटर) and green chilies with lemon (नींबू) juice, tamarind (इमली) as required, red chilli flakes, garam masala powder, cumin (जीरा) powder – if require add more salt. Mix well gently.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves (हरा धनिया) and serve as a street chaat.
• You can bulk or advance boils chickpeas (काबुली चना) and store in a refrigerator for later use. But don’t boil too much. Boiled chickpeas (काबुली चना) stay for a week not ore then that.
• You can also use boiled chickpeas (काबुली चना) separate water as a vegetable stock for making gravy of any dish.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.