Aloo Gobi (Potato & Cauliflower Dish) – आलू गोभी की सब्जी ever famous in North Indian Cuisine. In winter we use to make this aloo gobi recipe once in a week, also like my family in every north indian family this gobhi recipe made; You can also found it in Indian dhabha’s.
Do you made aloo gobi from my recipe? Please share your experience here in comment box. I love to hear from my follower home kitchen chefs.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- Cauliflower (फूलगोभी) - 1 big
- Potato (आलू) - 3-4 medium
- Onion (प्याज) - 1 medium
- Tomato (टमाटर) - 1 medium
- Ginger (अदरक) - 1 1-inch
- Garlic (लहसुन) - 3-4 cloves
- Fresh coriander (हरा धनिया) - few sprigs
- Cumin (जीरा) seeds - ½ tsp.
- Turmeric (हल्दी) powder - ½ tsp.
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp.
- Deggi mirch (देगी मिर्च) - ½ tsp.
- Oil (तेल) - 1 tbsp.
- Salt (नमक) to taste.
- Wash and cut cauliflower (फूलगोभी).
- Wash, peel and dice cut potato (आलू). Keep them in water.
- Wash and finely chop onion (प्याज), tomato (टमाटर), ginger (अदरक), garlic (लहसुन) & fresh coriander (हरा धनिया).
- Heat oil (तेल) in a wok (कडाई), add cumin (जीरा) seeds and sauté once.
- When cumin (जीरा) start crackling add chopped ginger (अदरक) & garlic (लहसुन). Sauté till row aroma of garlic (लहसुन) not goes away.
- Now add chopped onion (प्याज) and sauté until sides not become translucent.
- Immediately simmer the heat; add chopped tomato (टमाटर) and sauté for a minute.
- Now add turmeric (हल्दी) powder, garam masala powder, deggi mirch (देगी मिर्च) & salt (नमक) to taste. Sauté until oil not starts separating from the side of masala.
- Remove potato (आलू) from water and add them in this ready masala. Mix well and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Now add cauliflower (फूलगोभी) pieces. Mix well.
- Cover and cook until potato (आलू) & cauliflower (फूलगोभी) not become soft and tender; it will take 10-15 minutes on low heat. Keep string in-between.
- When potato (आलू) & cauliflower (फूलगोभी) become soft and tender, sprinkle chopped fresh coriander (हरा धनिया) and cover for 5 minutes more.
- Now your Aloo Gobi is ready, serve hot with naan, chapattis or paratha
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not going to cost extra but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little commission and that amount will help in surviving this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these affiliate links.