Kesar Rasmalai – केसर रसमलाई; a very famous Indian sweet. Its name and creamy texture come from full tone milk. Here in North India you can easily found it in any sweet shop; but making it at home is very rear. Making dishes at home is making a healthy and fresh dish/sweet. So try it out at your home, easy to make.
Did you make kesar rasmalai at home with this recipe??? How was it made??? Please share your experience here in comment box.
5 minPrep Time
55 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- Full cream milk (दूध) - 1.5 litre
- Cardamom (इलायची)powder - ½ tsp.
- Cornflour (कार्न फ्लोर) - 1 ½ tsp.
- Lemon (नींबू) - 2
- Drynuts (सूखे मेवे) - 3 tbsp.
- Water - 4 cups
- Sugar - 1cup + 3 tbsp.
- Few saffron (केसर) strands.
- Take out juice from lemon (नींबू) by squeezing. Chop pistachio (पिस्ता). Keep aside.
- Take 1 litre milk (दूध) in heavy base pan with few saffron (केसर) strands and bring it to boil.
- Once it’s boiled, remove from heat and cool under room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
- Once cool little start adding lemon (नींबू) juice slowly-slowly till the milk (दूध) curdles.
- Take a cotton cloth, a sieve (छलनी) and a big bowl. Stack sieve (छलनी) on the top of bowl and cotton cloth on top of sieve (छलनी).
- Pour curdled milk (दूध) in the cotton cloth to separate milk solid particles (छैना) from milk water.
- Pick all four corners of cotton cloth and squeeze out the extra water.
- Now, pour 1 cup water on the milk solid particles (छैना) to remove the lemon (नींबू) flavour and smell. Don’t remove from cloth. Squeeze out the water again.
- The milk solids (छैना) are ready. Take it out on plate.
- Now add Cornflour (कार्न फ्लोर) in these milk solids (छैना) and mesh with hand for 7-8 minutes.
- Make equal size balls from milk solids (छैना) and press them a little to make a disc shape. Keep aside
- After that in a pan mix the 1 cup of sugar and 4 cups of water and let it boil on high heat.
- Now add rasmalai discs in the boiling sugar- water syrup and cook them for 15-20 minute on high heat. Now rasmalai discs are ready, keep aside and let them cool.
- Now make thick milk syrup to dip rasmalai discs. Take 500 ml of milk (दूध) in heavy base pan and bring it to boil on high flame.
- After that cook this boiled milk (दूध) on low heat till reduce up-to 40-50%.
- Once it’s thickened enough add 3 tbsp. sugar, chopped nut, left saffron (केसर) strands and cardamom (इलायची) powder.
- When this milk (दूध) syrup lukewarm adds rasmalai discs and refrigerate.
- Garnish with some nuts and serve chilled.
• You can use milk solid separate water for your regular cooking. It will gave nice and little creamy texture to your dish curry.
|Image courtesy of Rutvi Mistry via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.