Medu Vada – मेंदू वडा; an Indian donut, as sometime English men says :P. This is not sweet like donut, its salty and deep fried; but has a donut shape, made up with Split black gram (धूलि उड़द दाल) mix. Crispy outside soft inside, every Indian must love it.
Did you try it??? Share here in comment box, how it was made???
5 hrPrep Time
30 minCook Time
5 hr, 30 Total Time
- Split black gram (धूलि उड़द दाल) - 250 grams
- Rice (चावल) - 3 tbsp.
- Onions (प्याज़) - 1 large
- Green chilli (हरी मिर्च) - 3
- Ginger (अदरक) - 1 inch
- Curry leaves (करी पत्ते) - 8-10
- Oil for deep fry.
- Salt to taste.
- Soak split black gram (उड़द दाल) & rice (चावल) together for 4-5 hours in water. After that drain it from water and make a very smooth paste in grinder. Keep aside.
- Finely chop onions (प्याज़), green chilli (हरी मिर्च), ginger (अदरक) and curry leaves (करी पत्ते).
- Add them into black gram (उड़द दाल) paste with salt and mix well.
- Apply oil in your hand and take small portion from black gram (उड़द दाल) mixture and flatten it with your hands. Make a small hole in the centre and drop in hot oil.
- Fry till golden brown and then place them in a tissue paper; it will absorb extra oil from medu vada.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and Sāmbhar.
|Image courtesy of Lubnakarim06 via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.