Potato Onion Chilla
Want a variety in your breakfast, here is potato onion chilla; very yummy. Chilla is just like pan cake but its spicy and salty and basic ingredient is gram flour (बेसन). I love to have different variety of food in my breakfast and for that always looking for it. This potato onion chilla is also a part of this with my little twist.
What are you waiting for? Go and make it, very basic ingredient requires to make it; that are easily found in your kitchen. Please share your experience here in comment box below.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- Potato (आलू) - 3 medium
- Onion (प्याज) - 1 medium
- Green chilli (हरी मिर्च) - 1-2 (optional, as per taste)
- Fresh coriander leaves (ताजा हरा धनिया) - few sprigs.
- Corn flour - 3 tbsp
- Gram flour (बेसन) - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric (हल्दी) powder - ½ tsp.
- Deggi mirach - ½ tsp.
- Chaat masala - ½ tsp.
- Cumin (जीरा) seeds - ½ tsp.
- Black pepper (काली मिर्च) powder as per taste.
- Oil (तेल) - 2-3 tbsp.
- Salt (नमक) to taste.
- Peel and finely chop onion (प्याज), green chilli (हरी मिर्च) & fresh coriander leaves (ताजा हरा धनिया). Keep aside.
- Wash, peel & grate potato (आलू).
- Soak grated potato (आलू) in water for 5 minutes.
- Drain water with the help of sieve (छलनी). Then squeeze with your hand also. Make sure water fully drained and potato (आलू) become dry.
- Now in a mixing bowl add grated potato (आलू), corn flour, gram flour (बेसन), cumin (जीरा) seeds, black pepper (काली मिर्च) powder, turmeric (हल्दी) powder, deggi mirach & chaat masala. Mix well.
- After that add chopped onion (प्याज), green chilli (हरी मिर्च), fresh coriander leaves (ताजा हरा धनिया) and salt to taste. Mix well. Make sure your batter is thick.
- Heat non-stick tawa, brush tawa with oil, add 1 full ladle of batter in it and spread evenly not too thin.
- Roast on medium flame then flip; add 1 tbsp. oil from the side of chilla. Cook evenly on both side by flipping either sides (If require apply little more oil.).
- Repeat step 7 & 8 for whole batter.
- Your potato onion chilla is ready. Serve hot with chutney.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not going to cost extra but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little commission and that amount will help in surviving this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these affiliate links.