Idli is a South Indian breakfast recipe; they are made up by coarse grated soaked rice or by rava/semolina (सूजी). You can make stuffed idli with any idli rice or rava batter. Today’s recipe by using rava batter, but you can change it to coarse grated soaked rice; for that you have to follow idli recipe made by rice for batter, but that is somewhat lengthy process as you need to soak rice over the night. With rava you made idli instant.
Try out this stuffed idli rava batter recipe and share your experience with us. I love to hear words from you.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- Semolina (सूजी) - 1 ½ cup
- Curd (दही) - 1 ½ cup
- Eno - 1 tsp.
- Black mustard seeds small (राई) - 1 tsp.
- Curry leaves (करी पत्ते) - 2 springs
- Split black gram and skinned (धूलि उड़द दाल) - 2 tsp.
- Bengal gram split and skinned (चना दाल) - 1 tsp.
- Green chilli (हरी मिर्च) - 2
- Onion (प्याज) - 1
- Carrot (गाजर) - 1
- Beans (फलियां) - 10
- Capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) - ½
- Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder - 1 tsp.
- Coriander (धनिया) powder - 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric (हल्दी) powder - 1 tsp.
- Mustard seeds (सरसों) - 1 tsp.
- Oil - 4 tbsp.
- Water - ¼ cup
- Salt to taste.
- Finely chop onion (प्याज), beans (फलियां), capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) and green chilli (हरी मिर्च). Grate carrot (गाजर). Keep all aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan add mustard seeds (सरसों), bengal gram split (चना दाल), 1 tsp. split black gram (धूलि उड़द दाल), 1 spring curry leaves (करी पत्ते). Sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped onion (प्याज) and half of green chilli (हरी मिर्च), sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now add red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, coriander (धनिया) powder, turmeric (हल्दी) powder & salt to taste. Mix well and add chopped beans (फलियां), chopped capsicum (शिमला मिर्च), and grated carrot (गाजर). Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle some water; cook for 10-15 minutes covered until vegetables cook fully and water evaporated completely. Keep this felling a side.
- Now make batter; beat curd (दही) and filter semolina (सूजी) in a sieve (छलनी). Mix them properly, add ¼ cup of water and salt to taste, mix very well so no lump left.
- In a tadka pan heat 2 tbsp. oil and put rye (राई). Sauté till rye (राई) start crackling, immediately add curry leaves (करी पत्ते) of 1 spring and 1 tsp. split black gram (धूलि उड़द दाल). Sauté till split black gram (धूलि उड़द दाल) turns little brown. Now add remaining green chilli (हरी मिर्च), sauté more for a minute.
- Pour this tempered mixture into semolina (सूजी) batter and put eno, mix well. Keep aside for 15 minutes covered, so that semolina (सूजी) grains to get puffed.
- Now take your idli stand and grease each mould. Pour a spoon of idli batter and after that put some vegetables mixture, again pour idli batter. Make sure all vegetables mixture covered completely. Repeat these steps on each mould.
- Put the idli stand into steamer and steam idli for 15 minutes.
- Remove idli from idli stand and serve hot with coconut chutney and sāmbhar.
• Don’t fill idli moulds completely as the idli need space to become fluffy.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.