Uttapam – उत्तपम; is one of the famous Tamil Nadu breakfast dish. It is just like a pizza or a pan cake topped with chopped veggies. In pizza you layer the toping with sauces and cheese and bake it; but in uttapam you cook it like a pancake with chopped veggie. See full recipe and make your own uttapam.
Did you try it??? How was it made??? Share your experience here in comment box with us.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- Rava (सूजी) - 1cup
- Riceflour (चावल का आटा) - 2tbsp.
- Sour curd (दही) - 1cup
- Onion (प्याज) - 1
- Green chillies (हरी मिर्च) - 2
- Ginger (अदरक) - 1 inch
- Curry leaves (करी पत्ते) - 1 sprig
- Water as needed.
- Salt to taste.
- Finely chop onion (प्याज), green chillies (हरी मिर्च) and curry leaves (करी पत्ते). Grate ginger (अदरक). Keep aside.
- Mix rava (सूजी), rice flour (चावल का आटा), sour curd (दही) and water to make a smooth batter. After that set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minute batter will be thick, add some more water to make it smooth pouring consistency thick batter.
- Now add chopped onion (प्याज), green chillies (हरी मिर्च), curry leaves (करी पत्ते), grated ginger (अदरक) and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Heat tawa and wipe it with some oiled tissue paper.
- Over the tawa pour a ladle full of batter and spread it lightly.
- Drizzle oil around the sides of uttapam, cook till the bottom is brown.
- Flip and cook 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
|Image courtesy of Nish1892 via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.