Rice is ever famous here in India; lots of dishes are made up with rice like Dosa, Idli, Biryani, Pulao, etc. Today I am going to share a very simple and easy to cook rice dish Peas Pulao. You can have it as it is or with Dal Makhni, Mix Veg Raita, Plain Curd, etc.
Have to try to making peas rice with this recipe; how was it made? Please share your experience here in comment box; I love to hear from my followers.
4 hrPrep Time
30 minCook Time
4 hr, 30 Total Time
- Peas (मटर) - ½ cup
- Basmati rice (बासमती चावल) - ½ cup
- Cumin (जीरा) seeds - ½ tsp.
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp.
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt a pinch.
- Soak basmati rice (बासमती चावल) in a water for 3-4 hours before start cooking.
- After 3-4 hours drain water from rice and put them in a pressure cooker with peas (मटर), cumin (जीरा) seeds, vegetable oil, 1 cup water and a pinch of salt. Stir once with ladle and cover with lid
- Cook on high heat for 1 whistle; after that cook simmer for 10 minute. Turn off the gas and let the pressure goes down naturally.
- Your Peas Rice is ready, serve hot with any gravy dish like Kadhi, Chole or Rajma.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.