Oat’s a healthy and light meal to start a day. I love to have oats in my breakfast, somewhere I read that oat’s are rich in soluble fibbers which help in lowering cholesterol level. Not only for cholesterol oats are good for hair, skin and overall health.
Oatmeal rolls, I 1st time made and love to have my oats in this form too. Below is the recipe which I follow to give new tastes to my oats. This recipe is mix and match, with my twist; Hope you love.
Have you tried? Please share your experience here in comment box. I love to hear from my readers.
2 hr, 30 Prep Time
20 minCook Time
2 hr, 50 Total Time
- Oats (quick cooking) - 1 cup
- All purpose flour (मैदा) - 5 cups
- Butter - 3 tbsp.
- Dry yeast - 3 tbsp.
- Raisins (किशमिश) - hand full.
- Melon seeds (तरबूज के बीज) - hand full.
- Brown sugar (शकर) - ⅓ cup
- Sugar (चीनी) - 1 tbsp.
- Water - 2 cups (Normal) + ⅓ cup (Warm)
- Salt (नमक) - few pinch.
- In pan boil 2 cup of water. Now add oats (quick cooking) & butter; stir and cook for a minute. Turn off the heat and let this mixture cool in room temperature to lukewarm.
- In a mixing bowl take worm water and dissolve dry yeast (make sure it’s completely dissolve).
- Now, add brown sugar (शकर), sugar (चीनी), salt (नमक), raisins (किशमिश), melon seeds (तरबूज के बीज) (Keep some for later use) and 1 cup of all purpose flour (मैदा). Beat with a spatula to mix well and until become smooth.
- Add remaining all purpose flour (मैदा) and knead to make soft dough (knead this dough until become smooth and elastic).
- Grace a blow and place this dough into it, grace the top part of dough too. Cover it with kitchen cloth and keep in rest in room temperature until double in size (It will take about an hour).
- After 1 hour when dough become double in size, with your hand punch the dough and keep on further 10 minute rest.
- Divide dough into same size (18-20 portions) and make balls.
- Grace your tray and place these balls into it. (Make sure your try has enough space to raise the dough). Grace the top with butter and sprinkle left over melon seeds (तरबूज के बीज).
- Again cover it with kitchen cloth and rest in room temperature until raise in double approx. 45-50 minutes.
- Now bake them in 170° C for 20-25 minutes or until turn golden brown.
- Your Oatmeal Rolls are read, enjoy them.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.