Litti Chokha (लिट्टी चोखा) is a famous Bihar dish. Today I am sharing a recipe of litti; chokha recipe is my next recipe. Litti is a round wheat flour ball stuffed with sattu and spices. Traditionally cooked over coal or wood or cow dung heat with lots of ghee and served with chokha. In my recipe I use over to cook litti.
Did you made littering this recipe, how was it made? Please share your experience here in comment box.
LittiCourse: Breakfast, Snacks, StarterCuisine: Indian
This Bhihari Cuisine Litti is a kind of Indian bread and have with Chokha.
All-Purpse Flour (मैदा) – 1 1/2 cup
Curd (दही) – 1 cup
Sattu (सत्तू) – 1 cup
Carom Seeds (अजवाइन) – 1 tsp.
Onion Seeds (कलोंजी) – 1/2 tsp.
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 inch
Garlic (लहसुन) – 4 cloves
Green Chillies (हरी मिर्च) – 2
Fresh Joriander Leaves (ताजा हरा धनिया) – 25-30 sprigs
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Finely chop ginger (अदरक), garlic (लहसुन), green chillies (हरी मिर्च) and fresh coriander leaves (ताजा हरा धनिया). Keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a kneading bowl take refined flour (मैदा) with salt to taste and yogurt (दही). Knead it into soft dough. Keep this dough in rest for some time by covering it with soft kitchen cloth.
- In the meanwhile make filling; in a bowl add sattu (सत्तू), salt to taste, carom seeds (अजवाइन), onion seeds (कलोंजी), lemon juice, with chopped ginger (अदरक), garlic (लहसुन), green chillies (हरी मिर्च) and fresh coriander leaves (ताजा हरा धनिया). Also add little water. Mix well.
- Now take dough and divide it into small size balls; make small puri with the help of fingers of each ball.
- Now over the each small puri middle place a spoon of filling over it and cover all side by making an again small ball.
- Over a baking tray layer silicon baking sheet and arrange each ball over it.
- Place this try into preheated oven and bake till top is slightly brown.
- Flip all balls and again bake till other site turn brown same.
- Drizzle some ghee or butter over hot littis and serve hot with “Chokha“.
- You can use gas top to roast littis – if you don’t have oven; but it take time to cook littis completely.
- Also you can fry littis, instead of roasting.
|Image courtesy of Vinay Sah via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.