Chokha (चोखा) – as previously I share litti (लिट्टी) recipe with my reader, today chokha recipe. As litti & chokha are together become a complete recipe. Traditionally it’s made with potato (आलू) or brinjal (बैंगन) or using both. In my recipe I used both potato (आलू) & brinjal (बैंगन). Chokha served with litti which is roasted and serve as ghee dipped.
Did you made chokha using this recipe, what was your experience; please share it here in comment box.
ChokhaCourse: Breakfast, Snacks, StarterCuisine: Indian
This Bhihari Cuisine Chokha from India eggplant dish and have with litti.
- Finely chop onion (प्याज), green chillies (हरी मिर्च), fresh coriander leaves (ताजा हरा धनिया). Keep aside.
- Boil potatoes (आलू) and tomatoes (टमाटर) separately. Peal the skin and keep side.
- Roast Brinjal (बैंगन) over fire until all skin turn black, don’t burn them. Peal the skin and keep side.
- In a bowl mesh brinjal (बैंगन), potatoes (आलू) and tomatoes (टमाटर) together.
- Put chopped onion (प्याज), green chillies (हरी मिर्च), fresh coriander leaves (ताजा हरा धनिया) with salt. Mix well.
- Heat the mustard oil (सरसों का तेल) and pour it over chokha mix. Mix well.
- Serve hot with litti.
|Image courtesy of Chesaxen via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.