As previous I posted the recipes of Masala Dosa, Paneer Dosa, Neer Dosa now it’s Rava Dosa. Rava dosa is made up of rava (semolina – सूजी) and rice flour. Very easy and quick to make then classic masala dosa. I am not found of this rava dosa, I love classic masala dosa, but many people love it. Try it out you may also love this way of making dosa and also in taste.
Share your experience; I love to hear from my readers.
For more such recipes subscribe or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Rava DosaCourse: Breakfast, Veg FoodCuisine: Indian
This Rava Dosa is a quick version of traditional South Indian dosa; Perfect for any meal in alone with Sāmbhar.
Semolina (सूजी/रवा) – 1/2 cup
Rice flour (चावल का आटा) – 1/2 cup
All purpose flour (मैदा) – 1/4 cup
Green chillies (हरी मिर्च) – 2
Onion (प्याज) – 1 medium
Ginger (अदरक) – 1/2 inch
Curry leaves (करी पत्ता) – 8-10
Fresh coriander (हरा धनिया) – few sprigs
Black pepper (काली मिर्च) powder – 1/2 tsp.
Cumin (जीरा) seeds – 1/2 tsp.
Oil (तेल) – 3 tbsp.
Water (पानी) for making batter.
Salt (नमक) to taste.
- Chop green chillies (हरी मिर्च), onion (प्याज), ginger (अदरक), curry leaves (करी पत्ता) and fresh coriander (हरा धनिया) separately. Keep aside.
- In a bowl take semolina (सूजी/रवा), rice flour (चावल का आटा) and all purpose flour (मैदा). Mix well.
- Now add chopped green chillies (हरी मिर्च), onion (प्याज), and ginger (अदरक). Mix well.
- After that add black pepper (काली मिर्च) powder, cumin (जीरा) seeds and chopped curry leaves (करी पत्ता).
- Add 2 cup of water and mix well to make smooth flowing lump free batter, but not too much thin. Batter must be little thick, if require add more water.
- Cover it and keep aside for 30 minute to get it rest.
- After 30 minute you will see water will separate and Semolina (सूजी/रवा) and Rice flour (चावल का आटा) set down.
- Before making dosa mix the batter well.
- Heat tawa and brush oil on it. When very hot, splash little water on it and immediately pour batter onto it, spreading it thin, with a circular motion.
- After spreading the batter, lower the heat and trickle a little oil around the edges so that it soaks under the dosa. Cook till dosa become crisp and brown.
- When edges start browning a bit, pass a flat spoon under dosa to ease the dosa off the pan and flip it. Cook for a minute.
- Your rava dosa is ready; serve hot with coconut chutney and sāmbhar.
- Rava dosa require little more time to cook then classic masala dosa.
- You can also fill masala in your rava dosa like classic masala dosa.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.