Chole Bhature is an ever famous Punjabi food. You can easily found it any road side dhaba or Punjabi restaurants. Every Punjabi is found of this chole bhature. Even it’s also my favourite. What else I said about this food, no words every Punjabi knows it, not only Punjabis every Indian. Just love it!!!
Try out this chole bhature recipe at your home and feel like dhaba at home. Please share your experience here in comment box.
Chole BhatureCourse: Breakfast, Veg FoodCuisine: Indian
This Chole Bhature is most famous North Indian Punjabi meal; can have any time of day but best go in breakfast.
- For Chole:
Chickpea (काबुली चना) – 1 cup
Cumin (जीरा) seeds – 1 tsp.
Bay leaf (तेज पत्ता) – 1 or 2
Chhole masala powder – 1.5 tbsp.
Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder – 1/2 tsp.
Onion (प्याज) – 2
Ginger garlic (अदरक लहसुन) paste – 1 tbsp.
Tomato (टमाटर) – 2
Oil (तेल) – 2 tbsp.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- For Bhature:
All purpose flour (मैदा) – 2 cups
Semolina (रवा/ सूजी) – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp.
Sour Curd (खट्टा दही) – 1/2 cup
Oil(तेल) for deep fry.
Salt (नमक) a pinch.
- Wash and soak chickpeas (काबुली चना) over night.
- Finely chop onion (प्याज), green chilli (हरी मिर्च) and green coriander (हरा धनिया). Make a puree of tomato (टमाटर). Keep aside.
- In pressure cooker heat oil; chopped green chilli (हरी मिर्च), cumin (जीरा) seeds, bay leaf (तेज पत्ता) and cinnamon (दालचीनी). Sauté for a minute.
- Now add chopped onion (प्याज) and sauté till onion (प्याज) become translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add tomato (टमाटर) puree and sauté for a minute.
- Add chhole masala powder, red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder and salt to taste. Cook 5-6 minutes over low heat cover till oil start separating from masala side. Keep staring in-between.
- Add overnight soaked chickpea (काबुली चना). Mix well.
- Add 2 cup of water. Mix well.
- Cover with lid and cook until chickpea (काबुली चना) become tender for 6-7 whistles.
- Turn off the gas and let the pressure goes down naturally after 6-7 whistles.
- Add chopped green coriander (हरा धनिया).
- In a mixing bowl take all purpose flour (मैदा) with semolina (रवा/ सूजी), baking powder, sugar (चीनी) and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Now add curd (दही). Knead with hands to make soft dough.
- Cover this dough with damp cloth and rest for overnight or 3-4 hours.
- After rest knead more and make equal size balls.
- Now with the help of your hand gave batura shape to each ball.
- In a wok heat oil and fry each batura until turns golden brown and puff.
- Chole Bhature are ready serve them hot with onion and slice of lemon or mango pickle or green chilli pickle.
- If you facing difficulty making batura with hand you can also use rolling pin and board.
- To make puff: when you drop batura in hot oil wait till puff and then turn to other side.
- Don’t use too hot or too cold oil to deep fry batura’s.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.