Aloo paratha is a king of all parathas, being a north Indian if you are not a fan of this delicious aloo ka paratha then you are not a north Indian… 😁 making aloo ka paratha is not tuff job, only require proper ingredients and know how to make Indian flat stuffed bread called stuffed paratha. I love to have aloo paratha with curd and little butter over it, it’s up-to you how you want to take it. Follow this aloo paratha recipe and make yummy aloo paratha for your loved once or for you also… 😊
Share your experience here in comment box below.
Aloo ParathaCourse: Bread, Breakfast, Roti / Paratha, Veg FoodCuisine: Indian
Aloo paratha is a king of all parathas, very yummy, tummy full breakfast.
- Wash, and boil potatoes (आलू) in pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles or until potatoes (आलू) not boil properly (Don’t over boil potatoes).
- In the mean while, make smooth dough of whole wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा) by mixing pinch of salt and oil. Cover with kitchen cloth and keep aside.
- After complete boil take out potatoes (आलू) from pressure cooker and drain out whole water. Keep them side for 10-15 minutes to cool enough to handle.
- In the mean while, finely chop onion (प्याज) and fresh coriander (हरा धनिया). Keep aside.
- When potatoes (आलू) cool enough to handle, peel of the skin and mesh then in a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onion (प्याज) and fresh coriander (हरा धनिया) along with cumin (जीरा) powder, chat masala and salt to taste. Mix well and your stuffing is ready.
- Now take dough, and divide it into 8 equal parts. Wet your palm with oil and take 1 part of dough and roll the dough in balls, press in between your palm. Stuff it with potato-onion stuffing; again make a ball with your hand and little press between your palms. Roll the dough flatten into round not to think or thin puri with rolling board and rolling pin. Do this for all 8 parts of dough. If require sprinkle some oil in your rolling board, so paratha will not stuck in rolling board or rolling pin.
- Heat tawa, put one raw paratha on this hot tawa. Cook it until golden brown spots appear on bottom side, flip and apply some ghee (घी), flip and apply some ghee (घी) on other side too. Cook for 1-2 minutes flip several times in-between. Do it with every raw paratha.
- Serve hot with curd or chutney or some pickle; as you like.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not going to cost extra but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little commission and that amount will help in surviving this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these affiliate links.