Lachha Paratha is a multi layer shallow fried flat Indian bread. Making a lachha paratha is art and require practice; as say practice make a man perfect; in lachha paratha its goes very true. While I made my first lachha paratha it made almost flat simple paratha but after 2-3 times practice it’s become very close to real restaurant like lachha paratha. Now as after a long time making of lachha paratha I can say “Now I can make perfect lachha paratha”; and here I am going to share my lachha paratha recipe with whole wheat flour.
Please don’t forget to comment your experience after making lachha paratha from my recipe.
Lachha ParathaCourse: Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Indian
This multi layer Lachha Paratha is best go with pickle, curd and great to start a day; have it in breakfast.
- Start with making dough, for this in deep bowl take wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा), put 1 tbsp desi ghee (देसी घी) and salt to taste. Mix well with hands.
- Now add water in parts and make smooth dough as you make for chapattis. Apply little ghee over this dough and rest it for 10-15 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes resting knead the dough once more and start making equal 4-6 ball from this dough.
- Take 1 ball and roll the ball flatten into round not to think or thin with the help of rolling board and rolling pin. Apple desi ghee (देसी घी) on the flat disc and dust some wheat flour.
- Now start fold and pleat the paratha disc from one side till the end.
- Roll this pleated dough paratha disc tightly (its look like a spiral).
- Now apply some desi ghee (देसी घी) and dust little wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा) on both side of this spiral roll and rest it for 5-10 minutes.
- After 5-10 minutes start rolling this spiral ball into flat disc with the help of rolling board and rolling pin.
- Heat tawa, put raw paratha disc on this hot tawa. Cook it until golden brown spots appear on bottom side, flip and apply some ghee (देसी घी), flip and apply some ghee (देसी घी) on other side too. Cook for 1-2 minutes flip several times in-between.
- Repeat steps 4 to 9 for each ball.
- Serve hot with curd or chutney or some pickle; as you like.
- While making dough makes sure you added melted desi ghee (देसी घी). It will make you mixing easy.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not going to cost extra but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little commission and that amount will help in surviving this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these affiliate links.