Chum Chum- चम चम; is another Bengali sweet just like Spongy Rasgulla or Rasmalai. Chenna or paneer made oval shape balls dipped in sugar syrup and served chilled with topping jam and finely chopped pistachio (पिस्ता) – You can also use grated coconut to top. Some time people make sandwich of chum chum by cutting it in to half and stuff mawa (मावा) in between the chum chum pieces, just like sandwich, you can do it before serving it.
So, what are you waiting for go and make these yummy, tasty, mouth watering chum chum by following my recipe and share your experience here.
For more such recipes subscribe or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Chum ChumCourse: Dessert, SweetCuisine: Indian
This Chum Chum Indian Sweet made by cottage cheese and served with khoya jam or khoya.
Milk (दूध) – 1 litre
Lemon (नींबू) – 1 big
All Purpose Flour (मैदा) – 1 tbsp.
Cornflour – 1/2 tsp.
Khoya (मावा) – 2 tbsp.
Edible Yellow Colour – Few drops
Saffron (केसर) – Few strands
Rose Water (गुलाब जल) – 1 tbsp.
Sugar (चीनी) – 6 cups
- Boil the milk (दूध) over high heat, keep left 2 tbsp. milk (दूध) to use later. After that remove it from heat and cool under room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
- Now add lemon (नींबू) juice in milk (दूध) slowly-slowly and keep stirring. You will see that milk (दूध) start leaving water and start formatting small particles.
- Once milk spoiling is done, take a cotton cloth, a sieve (छलनी) and a bowl. Stack sieve (छलनी) on the top of bowl and cotton cloth on top of sieve (छलनी).
- Pour spoiled milk (दूध) in the cotton cloth to separate milk solid particles (छैना) from milk water.
- Pick all four corners of cotton cloth and squeeze out the extra water.
- Now, pour 1 cup water on the milk solid particles (छैना) to remove the lemon (नींबू) flavour and smell. Don’t remove from cloth. Squeeze out the water again.
- The milk solids (छैना) are ready. Take it out on plate.
- Now put 1/2 tbsp. all-purpose flour (मैदा) and cornflour on these milk solids (छैना). Now, knead this mixture with your hand to make a smooth mixture.
- Divide this mixture into 24 equal parts and make and oval rolls – must check that there is no cracks in any roll. Now on each roll make a dent on one side and keep side all rolls.
- In 1/2 cup of water mix remaining all-purpose flour (मैदा). Keep aside.
- In a deep heavy base pan add sugar (चीनी) and 5 cups of water, cook this mixture by continuously stirring till the sugar dissolve completely. Now add left over 2 tbsp. milk (दूध) in this syrup and bring it to boil. Clean the syrup from scum by ladle, who float over the syrup; cook further more for few minutes with continuously stirring. Strain the sugar syrup into a bowl.
- In a deep non-sticky pan add 1 cup of sugar syrup and 5 cups of water; bring it to boil. Now add half of the water and all-purpose flour (मैदा) mixture along with milk solids (छैना) rolls. Syrup will begin frothing. Cook rolls for 15-20 minutes until they get back their shape, don’t stir but don’t let rolls get stick on pan bottom. Also don’t let syrup thicken – slowly drizzle some water after ever 5 minute along the sides of pan.
- Once rolls get their shape back, remove them from hot syrup and put them in remaining syrup. Refrigerate them for 2-3 hours so that rolls get absorb syrup.
- Meanwhile make topping; take khoya (मावा), edible yellow colour, saffron (केसर), rose water (गुलाब जल) and 1 tbsp. sugar syrup. Cook them until form a jam consistency.
- When rolls are chilled completely, take them out from sugar syrup and put on a serving plate, top with jam and finely chopped pistachio (पिस्ता). Or you can simply top them with Khoya.
- Serve Chum Chum chilled.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.