How To Make Khoya?
Khoya or you can say mawa is the main ingredient of most of the Indian sweets like Gajar Ka Halwa, Khoya Burfi and many more. Usually in India we buy it from any sweet shop but you can easily make it at home. Homemade khoya is hygiene and fresh. Fresh mawa gave nice and rich taste to your sweet.
Try out this easy and hygiene khoya / mawa (खोया / मावा) recipe. Share your experience here in comment box.
Yields 1 ½ Cup
5 minPrep Time
1 hr, 30 Cook Time
1 hr, 35 Total Time
- Milk (दूध) - 1 ½ liter
- Cardamom (छोटी इलायची) - 3-4
- Crush cardamom (छोटी इलायची) with the help of mortar & pestle. Remove the skin and make fine powder of seeds.
- Take heavy base non-stick deep pan add milk (दूध) with cardamom (छोटी इलायची) powder and bring it to boil.
- Now simmer the heat and cook for 5 minutes. Keep stirring.
- After 5 minute increase the flame and cook for more 5 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 until milk reduce to half.
- Now simmer and cook until khoya don’t get desire thickness. Must keep stirring, otherwise it’s stuck in the base.
- Now your khoya or mawa is ready, use it to make any Indian sweet.
• To make sweeten khoya add 1 tin of condensed milk after milk boiled.
• You can use 1 tbsp. cardamom (छोटी इलायची) powder instead of cardamom (छोटी इलायची). For this ignore step 1. But fresh cursed cardamom (छोटी इलायची) gave more rich taste & fragrance.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.