How To Make Paneer – Cottage Cheese?
Most famous Indian Cuisine cheese called Cottage Cheese or Paneer (पनीर). It is used to make many Indian dishes, sweets, starters or breakfast dishes like Palak Paneer, Sondesh, Chilli Paneer, Kadai Paneer, Malpua and many more. In some dishes Paneer is a main ingredient or in some it’s an add-on ingredient.
As a vegetarian people I love paneer the most then other veggies. I almost try to add cottage cheese in almost on all my breakfast or snack like sandwich etc.
I see people purchasing paneer from a market but if we can make it why we go to market, so easy to make. Go and try to make your paneer at home and enjoy the taste of your dish with full hygiene. Please share your experience here in comment box I love to hear from my readers.
How To Make Paneer – Cottage Cheese?Course: How to?, Veg FoodCuisine: Indian
Full cream milk (पूरी मलाई वाला दूध) – 1 litre
Lemon (नींबू) – 1
- Squeeze the lemon to take lemon juice, remove seeds from lemon juice. Keep aside.
- Over the deep bowl layer the strainer and then layer cheesecloth or muslin cloth or kitchen cloth.
- Now in a deep patili, add milk and bring it to boil.
- When milk start boiling add lemon juice.
- When milk completely curdled remove from heat and strain through muslin cloth and strainer on deep bowl (Which we assemble above)
- Now take all four edges of cloth and tie each end to make potli of milk curdles.
- Place it over the wire rack; put a deep bowl under the wire rack (So, the water removed from milk curdles not mesh your kitchen.) over this potli weep heavy weight like stone or marvel piece. Let it be for 30-40 minutes.
- When 40 minutes over check it, your paneer would be set, if not keep it more in same position until not completely set.
- Your homemade paneer it ready, use it now or refrigerate in air tight container for later use.
- You can keep this homemade paneer for 3-4 days.
- The stock (water) separated from paneer can be used to make curry dishes.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.