Mirchi Vada – मिर्ची वड़ा; or you can say mirchi ke pakore. A unique very spicy Indian snack. Fresh big chillies dipped in a gram flour batter and deep fry; served with green pudina chutney or tomato ketchup. If you don’t love too much spice then make these vada’s with other kind of pakora’s like onion rings, aloo stuffed pakora, paneer sandwich pakora, onion/potato pakora and many more as a variety of snack.
Have you made mirchi vada using this recipe, Please share your experience here in comment box.
Mirchi VadaCourse: SnackCuisine: Indian
Big Green Chillies (बड़ी हरी मिर्च) – 10-15
Gram Flour (बेसन) – 1 cup
Turmeric (हल्दी) Powder – 1/2 tsp.
Chat Masala (चाट मसाला) – 1/2 tsp.
Red Chilli (लाल मिर्च) Powder – 1 tsp.
Potato (आलू) – 3 big
Paneer (पनीर) – 50 grams
Coriander Leaves (हरा धनिया) – 4-5 sprigs
Dried Mango Powder (अमचूर) – 2 tsp.
Asafoetida (हींग) – 1/4 tsp.
Fennel Seeds (सौंफ) – 2 tsp.
Green chilli (हरी मिर्च) – 1-2
Oil (तेल) for deep fry.
Water as much requires.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Boil, peal and mesh potato (आलू). Grate paneer (पनीर). Wash, slit big green chilli (बड़ी हरी मिर्च) and remove seeds. Chop green chillies and coriander leaves (हरा धनिया). Crush fennel seeds (सौंफ). Keep aside.
- Now mix meshed potato (आलू) and grated paneer (पनीर) with chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves (हरा धनिया), 1/2 tsp. red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, dried mango powder (अमचूर), asafoetida (हींग), crushed fennel seeds (सौंफ) and salt as per taste. Mix well and make thick batter.
- Fill slit big green chilli (बड़ी हरी मिर्च) with this think potato-paneer (पनीर-आलू) batter.
- In deep bowl mix gram flour (बेसन), turmeric (हल्दी) powder, chat masala, 1/2 tsp. red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder and salt to taste with water as much required to make not thin not thick batter.
- In deep pan heat oil, dip filled big green chilli (बड़ी हरी मिर्च) in gram flour (बेसन) batter and deep fry them in oil till crispy, golden brown.
- Remove from oil and put over tissue paper to remove extra oil.
- Cut each Mirchi Vada into 2-3 round pieces and sever with green pudina chutney.
|Image courtesy of ANIMESH GUPTA via flickr.com|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.