Dalia Ka Halwa also called Laapsi; is sweet dish from Rajasthani cuisine; Rajasthan is a part of India. Here in north we prepare dalia (broken wheat) in milk and it’s in liquid form; but Laapsi/dalia ka halwa prepared in water and it’s dry in form. I first time made this and like this version of dalia.
Go and prepare you must love it. Please share your experience with us here in comment box.
Dalia Ka HalwaCourse: Desserts, Veg FoodCuisine: Indian
Daliya Ka Halwa or Laapsi sweet dish from Rajasthani Cuisine made from broken wheat, ghee and dry fruits.
- In a mixing bowl take broken wheat (दलिया) and oil; mix well so every granules of broken wheat (दलिया) coated with oil. This is because after cooking all pieces of granules are separated from each other. Keep aside.
- Chop almonds (बादाम) and cashew nuts (काजू). Keep aside.
- In a kettle (पतीली) boil water and keep aside.
- Now, take heavy base pan and heat the ghee (घी) in it.
- Slower the heat and add oil coated broken wheat (दलिया) in heated ghee (घी) pan; roast broken wheat (दलिया) until its turn into little golden brown – don’t burn.
- Now add chopped almonds (बादाम) and cashew nuts (काजू) but keep some for garnishing; roast for 1 more minute.
- Add hot water; mix well. Cook cover on simmer for 5-7 minutes until broken wheat (दलिया) cooked completely.
- When broken wheat (दलिया) cooked completely add sugar and mix well. If water left cook on high flame until water not fully evaporates but keep stirring.
- Now add green cardamom (छोटी इलायची) powder and raisins (किशमिश). Mix well and cook simmer for 1 more minute.
- Your Daliya Ka Halwa is ready, garnish and serve hot in serving bowl as dessert.
- I wrote Sugar (चीनी) to taste because some like very light sweetness and some love too much sweetness; so use according to your taste. As I doesn’t love too much sweeten dishes so in this Daliya Ka Halwa I use 3-4 tbsp. sugar (चीनी).
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.