Tam Tam Dhokla (टमटम ढोकला) is a spicy version of the most famous sour sweet (खट्टा मीठा) Khaman Dhokla. To give it distinct color and flavour Khaman dhokla is tempered with spices.
Why don’t you try to make this version of Dhokla as it will be liked by everyone. Share your experience in comment box below.
Tam Tam DhoklaCourse: Snacks, Veg FoodCuisine: Indian
Tam Tam Dhokla is a spicy version of the most famous sour sweet Khaman Dhokla. To give it distinct color and flavour Khaman dhokla is tempered with spices.
Gram Flour (बेसन/चने का आटा) – 1 cup
Curd (दही) – 1/4 cup
Eno – 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds (सरसों) – 1 tsp.
Sesame (तिल) Seeds – 1 tsp.
Red Chilli Powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर) – 1 tbsp.
Curry leaves (करी पत्ते) – 10-15
Coriander leaves (हरा धनिया) – 2 tbsp.
Fresh coconut (ताजा नारियल) – 1/4
Sesame Oil (तिल का तेल) – 2 tbsp.
Salt (नमक)to taste.
- Take 3-4 cup of water in steamer at bottom and heat it over medium flame.
- In a mixing bowl take gram flour (बेसन/चने का आटा), 3/4 cup water, curd (दही), 1 tsp. oil and salt to taste. Mix well into smooth batter without lumps. Add Eno and stir in one direction for approx. 1 minute. You will notice its size would increase to almost double.
- Now, pour batter immediately into greased tin and fill it up to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Place tin into steamer and steam for 10-12 minutes over medium flame.
- After 10-12 minutes, insert a knife or toothpick into dhokla and check if it comes out clean. If it does, then it is ready otherwise cook 2-3 minutes more.
- When Dhokla ready, takeout tin from steamer and let dhokla cool completely in room temperature. Cut fluffy Khaman dhokla into small squares pieces using knife and take out into a plate.
- Now in a pan heat sesame oil (तिल का तेल), add mustard seeds (सरसों), when mustard seeds start crackling add curry leaves (करी पत्ते), Sesame (तिल) Seeds and Red Chilli Powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर). Mix well.
- Now add Dhokla pieces into it and toss well so masala cotted well on each dhokla peace.
- Your Tam Tam Dhokla is read. Take out in to plate and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut. Serve cool at room temperature.
- If you don’t like too spicy then use only deggi mirch powder. It gives only color to dishes not spiciness.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not going to cost extra but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little commission and that amount will help in surviving this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these affiliate links.