Khaman Dhokla – खमन ढोकला; is a most famous traditional Guajarati Indian snack. This is made up by steaming a Gram Flour (बेसन/चने का आटा) and tempering with worm sugar syrup. As like other Guajarati dishes, it’s also have sweet and salty taste.
Whenever I made it become yummy except my first attempt, that time it’s made so ugly and we throw it but in second try it become very close to restaurant taste and by trying and trying I got perfect one and now it’s always become perfect… 😀
Try out this recipe and tell me how your Khaman Dhokla was made here in comment box.
Khaman DhoklaCourse: SnacksCuisine: Indian
This Khaman Dhokla is made up by steaming a Gram Flour batter and tempering with worm sugar syrup. Can have as an evening snack.
Gram Flour (बेसन/चने का आटा) – 1 cup
Curd (दही) – 1/4 cup
Eno – 1 tsp.
Green Chilli (हरी मिर्च) – 5
Curry Leaves (करी पत्ते) – 10-15
Coriander Leaves (हरा धनिया) – 2 tbsp.
Fresh Coconut (ताजा नारियल) – 1/4
Mustard Seeds (सरसों) – 1/2 tsp.
Asafoetida(हींग) – 1 pinch
Sugar (चीनी) – 1 tbsp.
Oil (तेल) – 3 tbsp.
Water (पानी) – 1 cup
Salt (नमक)as per taste.
- Take 3-4 cup of water in steamer at bottom and heat it over medium flame.
- In a mixing bowl take gram flour (बेसन/चने का आटा), 3/4 cup water, curd (दही), 1 tsp. oil and salt as per taste. Mix well into smooth batter without lumps. Add Eno and stir in one direction for approx. 1 minute. You will notice its size would increase to almost double.
- Now, pour batter immediately into greased tin and fill it up to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Place tin into steamer and steam for 10-12 minutes over medium flame.
- After 10-12 minutes, insert a knife or toothpick into dhokla and check if it comes out clean. If it does, then it is ready otherwise cook 2-3 minutes more.
- In the meanwhile, let’s make dhokla seasoning water. Slit 2-3 green chillies (हरी मिर्च). Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in small pan; add mustard seeds (सरसों) and asafoetida (हींग). When mustard seeds (सरसों) start crackling add curry leaves (करी पत्ते) and slited green chilli (हरी मिर्च). Sauté them for few seconds.
- Add 1/3 cup water and sugar and pinch of salt; bring it to boil and cook it for a minute on high heat. Keep aside.
- When Dhokla ready, takeout tin from steamer and pour some dhokla seasoning water over it.
- Now, let dhokla cool completely in room temperature. Cut fluffy Khaman dhokla into small squares pieces using knife and take out into a plate.
- Pour remaining dhokla seasoning water over this Khaman dhokla.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut. Serve cool.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.