Aloo Stuffed Pakora (Bonda) – आलू स्टफ्ड पकोड़ा (बोंडा) is basically an Indian snack made from boiled potato (आलू) and gram flour; these are the main ingredient of this fried snack. Very easy to make and tasty snack. Serve it hot at tea time with green pudina chutney or tomato ketchup.
Do try out this recipe and share your experience here in comment box; I love to hear from my readers.
Aloo Stuffed Pakora (Bonda)Course: SnacksCuisine: Indian
This South Indian fired snack called Bonda is made from boiled potato and gram flour mixture with Indian spices. Can have in any tea party or as a evening snack.
Gram Flour (बेसन) – 2 cups
Rice Flour (चावल का आटा) – 1 cup
Turmeric (हल्दी) Powder – 1/2 tsp. + 1/2 tsp.
Red Chilli (लाल मिर्च) Powder – 1/2 tsp.
Asafoetida (हींग) – Few pinch
Baking Soda – A pinch
Potatoes (आलू) – 5 medium
Onion (प्याज) – 1 medium
Green Chillies (हरी मिर्च) – 2
Curry Laves (करी पत्ते) – A bunch
Fresh Coriander (हरा धनिया) – 2-3 sprigs
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 inch
Garlic (लहसुन) – 4-5 cloves
Mustard Seeds (राई) – 1 tsp.
Lemon (नींबू) – 1
Spilt And Husked Black Gram (उड़द दाल) – 1 ⅕ tsp.
Water (पानी) – 1 cup
Oil (तेल) for deep fry.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Finely chop onion (प्याज), green chillies (हरी मिर्च) and fresh coriander (हरा धनिया). Keep aside.
- Make a paste of ginger (अदरक) and garlic (लहसुन). Keep aside.
- Squeeze the lemon and keep the juice aside.
- Wash, boil, peel and mesh potatoes (आलू). Keep aside.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp. Oil and mustard seeds (राई). When mustard seeds (राई) start crackling add spilt and husked black gram (उड़द दाल) and cook till it turns golden brown color.
- Now add chopped onion (प्याज) and sauté till onion (प्याज) become translucent and soften. Add ginger (अदरक) and garlic (लहसुन) paste, curry leaves (करी पत्ते) and chopped green chillies (हरी मिर्च). Sauté for a minute.
- After that add 1/2 tbsp turmeric (हल्दी) powder and a pinch of asafoetida (हींग), mix well. Add chopped fresh coriander (हरा धनिया) and mix well.
- Finally add mesh potatoes (आलू), mix well and cook 2-3 minutes to remove full moisture from potatoes (आलू).
- Add lemon juice. Mix well keeps aside to cool in room temperature.
- In a deep bowl add gram flour (बेसन), rice flour (चावल का आटा), turmeric (हल्दी) powder, red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, a pinch of asafoetida (हींग), a pinch of baking soda, water and salt as per taste. Make a thick flowing batter, take care that there is no lump in this batter.
- In a deep pan heat oil. Make a medium size balls from potato mixture, dip each ball into the batter and deep fry them until golden brown from both sides.
- Take out aloo stuffed pakora (bonda) from pan over tissue paper on plate and serve hot with coconut chutney, green pudina chutney or tomato ketchup.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.