Coconut chutney ever famous South Indian chutney and also my favorite too… 😛 Whenever you say dosa or idli or any south Indian dish it’s never complete without coconut chutney. Make it is so easy and not requires too much ingredients and efforts. Just try out this recipe and make your own homemade coconut chutney.
Please share your experience of making coconut chutney by our recipe in comment box.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- Coconut (नारियल) - ½
- Red chillies (लाल मिर्च) - 10
- Black gram skinned lentils (उरद दाल) - 1 tsp.
- Mustard seeds (सरसों) - 1 tsp.
- Oil - 2 tsp.
- Bengal gram spilt and skinned lentils (चन्ना दाल) - 1 tsp.
- Cumin (जीरा) seeds - ½ tsp.
- Asafoetida (हींग) - a pinch
- Few more red chilli (लाल मिर्च) pieces and curry leaves (करी पत्ता).
- Lemon sized tamarind (इमली).
- Salt to taste.
- Shred the Coconut (नारियल) into small pieces.
- Fry the red chillies in a small pan.
- Grind red chillies (लाल मिर्च), Coconut (नारियल), tamarind (इमली) and salt. Add minimum water.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Add black gram skinned lentils (उरद दाल), bengal gram spilt and skinned lentils (चन्ना दाल), mustard seeds (सरसों), cumin (जीरा) seeds, red chillies (लाल मिर्च), asafoetida (हींग) and curry leaves (करी पत्ता).
- Add the seasoning to the coconut chutney after mustard seeds start spluttering.
|Image courtesy of Charles Haynes via flickr.com|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.