Coconut chutney ever famous South Indian chutney and also my favorite too… 😛 Whenever you say dosa or idli or any south Indian dish it’s never complete without coconut chutney. Make it is so easy and not requires too much ingredients and efforts. Just try out this recipe and make your own homemade coconut chutney.
Please share your experience of making coconut chutney by our recipe in comment box.
Coconut ChutneyCourse: Appetizers, ChutheyCuisine: Indian
This South Indian Coconut Chutney made by shredded fresh coconut. Can have with each and every South Indian Dish.
Coconut (नारियल) – 1/2
Black Gram Skinned Lentils (उरद दाल) – 1 tsp.
Mustard Seeds (सरसों) – 1 tsp.
Cumin (जीरा) Seeds – 1/2 tsp.
Asafoetida (हींग) – a pinch
Red Chillies (लाल मिर्च) – 10 + 2
Curry Leaves (करी पत्ता) – 1 or 2 sprigs
tamarind (इमली) – lemon sized
Oil (तेल) – 2 tsp.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Shred the Coconut (नारियल) into small pieces.
- Fry the red chillies in a small pan.
- Grind red chillies (लाल मिर्च), Coconut (नारियल), tamarind (इमली) and salt. Add minimum water.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Add black gram skinned lentils (उरद दाल), bengal gram spilt and skinned lentils (चन्ना दाल), mustard seeds (सरसों), cumin (जीरा) seeds, red chillies (लाल मिर्च), asafoetida (हींग) and curry leaves (करी पत्ता).
- Add the seasoning to the coconut chutney after mustard seeds start spluttering.
|Image courtesy of Charles Haynes via flickr.com|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.