Malpua- मालपुआ; is an Indian pancake dessert. A dessert made with paneer (cottage cheese) batter deep fry in flat pan and dipped in sugar. You can easily found it in Bengali families function. Malpua best go with full fat milk and people of usually take it in winter season; but you can make it in any season it’s totally up-to you.
Did you made homemade malpua with this recipe??? How it was made??? Please comment bellow. I love to hear from my readers.
For more such recipes subscribe or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
MalpuaCourse: Dessert, SweetCuisine: Indian
This authentic Malpua from Bangali Sweets is a pancake made up by frying Cottage Cheese and All-Purpose Flour batter and then dip in sugar syrup. Can have as a dessert alone or with Rabri.
All-Purpose Flour (मैदा) – 1/2 cup
Cottage Cheese (पनीर) – 50 grams
Condensed Milk – 1/2 tin (200 grams)
Semolina (सूजी) – 1/8 cup
Baking Powder – 1 pinch
Sugar (चीनी) – 1 1/2 cups
Water (पानी) – 1 + 2 cup
Oil (तेल) for shallow frying.
- In a heavy base pan mix sugar (चीनी) and 2 cup of water, bring it to boil. Keep aside.
- In a bowl combine refined flour (मैदा), condensed milk, semolina (सूजी), baking powder and 1 cup of water. Mix well, so there is no lump and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Mesh paneer (पनीर) very finely and add to the refined flour (मैदा) mixture. Beat well.
- Heat oil in a small flat frying pan; pour 1 big spoon of batter to make a small, flat Malpua. Cook for 2-3 minutes and flip. Cook other side too. Cook each Malpua until turns brown.
- Remove from oil and soak in sugar syrup for 1/2 minute.
- Remove from sugar syrup and arrange in a serving plate. Top up with Rabri and garnish with dry fruits. Serve hot as a dessert.
|Image courtesy of Biswarup Ganguly via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.