Malpua- मालपुआ; is an Indian pancake dessert. A dessert made with paneer (cottage cheese) batter deep fry in flat pan and dipped in sugar. You can easily found it in Bengali families function. Malpua best go with full fat milk and people of usually take it in winter season; but you can make it in any season it’s totally up-to you.
Did you made homemade malpua with this recipe??? How it was made??? Please comment bellow. I love to hear from my readers.
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- All-Purpose Flour (मैदा) - 100 grams
- Cottage Cheese (पनीर) - 50 grams
- Condensed milk - ½ tin (200 grams)
- Semolina (सूजी) - 10 grams
- Baking Powder - 1 pinch
- Sugar (चीनी) - 1 ½ cups
- Water (पानी) - 1 + 2 cup
- Oil (तेल) for shallow frying.
- In a heavy base pan mix sugar (चीनी) and 2 cup of water, bring it to boil. Keep aside.
- In a bowl combine refined flour (मैदा), condensed milk, semolina (सूजी), baking powder and 1 cup of water. Mix well, so there is no lump and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Mesh paneer (पनीर) very finely and add to the refined flour (मैदा) mixture. Beat well.
- Heat oil in a small flat frying pan; pour 1 big spoon of batter to make a small, flat Malpua. Cook for 2-3 minutes and flip. Cook other side too. Cook each Malpua until turns brown.
- Remove from oil and soak in sugar syrup for ½ minute.
- Remove from sugar syrup and arrange in a serving plate. Top up with Rabri and garnish with dry fruits. Serve hot as a dessert.
|Image courtesy of Biswarup Ganguly via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.