Rabri-रबड़ी; is famous in north India and it is made up by full cream milk by reducing its size to thicken enough. People love to have rabri in winters with jalebi after dinner. In north India it is easily found in winter wedding as a dessert. Also this rabri is used in shahi tukda recipe.
This winter try out making rabri in one of your family function, your family must love it. Share your experience with us here in comment box.
For more such recipes subscribe or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
RabriCourse: Pudding, Dessert, SweetCuisine: Indian
This North India most famous Rabri made by full cream milk. Can have alone or with other Indian sweets like Malpua, Gulab Jamun, Jalebi etc. Kids love it.
Milk (दूध) – 5 cups (1.25 liter)
Condensed Milk – 1/2 tin (200 gram)
Cardamom (छोटी इलायची) Powder – 1/2 tsp.
Rose Water – 1 tbsp.
Mixed Dry Fruits (सूखे मेवे) – Hand full
- Chop dried fruits (सूखे मेवे). Keep aside.
- In a deep heave base pan, add milk (दूध) and bring it to boil.
- Simmer the gas and add condensed milk. Mix well.
- Now cook it simmer. When cream (मलाई) start forming and float over the milk; with the help of spatula, gently move it towards the side of pan. Do this until milk become thick. Keep stirring milk in-between but let the cream (मलाई) remain on the side of the pan.
- Now add cardamom (छोटी इलायची) powder and cook simmer. Keep stirring the whole thick milk with all cream from the side of pan until become like pudding. Make sure not stuck the bottom of pan.
- When its become like pudding remove it from flame and add chopped dry fruits with rose water and mix well.
- Now, cool it completely and put in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve this Rabri cool as a dessert or with Malpua, Shahi Tukda, etc.
- Process of collecting cream (मलाई) has been done many times until milk start thickening.
- While collecting cream (मलाई) do not stirring too much and quickly, this will not make cream (मलाई). Only see that milk not stuck in the bottom of pan.
- Putting this rabdi in refrigerator is not necessary before serve but make sure its completely cool in room temperature to gave full taste.
|Image courtesy of Ravi Talwar via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.