Shahi Tukda-शाही टुकड़ा; is a famous Hyderabadi dessert also called “double ka meetha”. It is simply a bread pudding in which simply fried bread soaked in milk with Indian spices like cardamom, saffron etc.
This dish gave you royal taste and you must love it, very different then regular sweets. Try out and share your experience here in comment box with us.
Shahi TukdaCourse: Dessert, SweetCuisine: Indian
This Shahi Tukda is a Hyderabadi dessert and also called “double ka meetha”; is a kind of bread pudding served with Rabri.
- In a 2-3 tbsp. worm water soaks saffron (केसर). Chop the dry fruits (सूखे मेवे). Keep aside.
- Boil the milk, add 1 tbsp. cardamom (छोटी इलायची) powder, soaked saffron (केसर) and 2-3 tbsp. milk dissolved corn flour. Mix well. Simmer and cook till reduce consistency but not too much thicken. Now add your rose essence (गुलाब सार). Mix well and Rabri (रबड़ी) is ready. Keep aside
- Cut the sides of breads and make 4 slices of each bread slice, as your desired shape.
- In a frying pan heat oil, fry till golden brown and crispy. Drain and put over tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Now prepare sugar syrup (चाशनी), in a heavy base deep pan add sugar (चीनी), water and rose petals to make sugar syrup (चाशनी). If any scum in syrup remove it and clear the sugar syrup (चाशनी).
- Soak fried bread pieces in sugar syrup (चाशनी) for a minute.
- Remove from sugar syrup (चाशनी) and arrange in a plate, pour Rabri (रबड़ी) over it. Garnish with chopped dry fruits (सूखे मेवे) and serve Shahi Tukda – a famous royal Hedrabadi dessert.
- Pour rabri (रबड़ी) just before you serve Shahi Tukda.
|Image courtesy of Divya Kudua via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.