Pindi Chana – पिंडी चना; India is reach in food and north India is a heart of Indian food; here you found a verity of food with one common ingredient like white chickpeas (काबुली चना). Punjabi’s make several dishes with white chickpeas (काबुली चना) like Chana Masala, Amritsari Chole, Aloo Chole Chaat, Chole Stuffed Kulcha and many more.
Come to our recipe, quick and easy to make. No hard and tuff cooking, everyone can easily make this dish.
Try out this recipe and share your experience here in comment box.
Pindi ChanaCourse: Dinner, Lunch, MainCuisine: Indian
White Chickpeas (काबुली चना) – 1 cup
Garlic (लहसुन) – 2-3 cloves
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 inch
Green Chilies (हरी मिर्च) – 2-3
Bay Leaves (तेज पत्ता) – 1 medium
Cinnamon (दालचीनी) – 1 inch
Cloves (लौंग) – 2
Dry Pomegranate Seeds (अनारदाना) – 1 tbsp.
Cumin (जीरा) Seeds – 1 tsp.
Red Chilli (लाल मिर्च) Powder – 2 tsp.
Turmeric (हल्दी) Powder – 1/4 tsp.
Coriander (धनिया) Powder – 1 tsp.
Cumin (जीरा) Powder – 1 tsp.
Chole Masala (छोले मसाला) Powder – 1 tsp.
Garam Masala (गरम मसाला) Powder – 1 tsp.
Amchur (आमचूर) – 1 tsp.
Oil (तेल) – 2 tbsp.
Water (पानी) – 2 cup
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Take white chickpeas (काबुली चना); wash them thoroughly and soak in water overnight.
- In a pressure cooker add overnight soaked white chickpeas (काबुली चना) with Bharatiya gooseberry (सूखे आंवले), bay leaves (तेज पत्ता), cinnamon (दालचीनी), cloves (लौंग), green cardamom (छोटी इलायची) and water. Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles or the white chickpeas (काबुली चना) fully cooked.
- When pressure goes down separate the white chickpeas (काबुली चना) and stock; and remove Bharatiya gooseberry (सूखे आंवले) and whole spices. Keep aside.
- Roast dry pomegranate seeds (अनारदाना) and cumin (जीरा) seeds till light brown and grind it to powder. Keep aside.
- Mix together turmeric (हल्दी) powder, red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, coriander (धनिया) powder, cumin (जीरा) powder, chole masala powder, garam masala powder and amchur (आमचूर). Keep aside.
- Make a paste of ginger (अदरक) and garlic (लहसुन). Slit Green chilies (हरी मिर्च). Keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil; add ginger-garlic (अदरक-लहसुन) paste and slited Green chilies (हरी मिर्च), sauté on low heat until raw aroma of ginger-garlic (अदरक-लहसुन) goes away.
- Keep low heat and add mixed spices and sauté for a minute.
- On high heat add ½ cup of white chickpeas (काबुली चना) stock and bring it to boil. Simmer the flame and cook for further 5 minutes until oil start floating on top.
- Add boiled separated from stock white chickpeas (काबुली चना), mix well. If required add salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add roasted dry pomegranate (अनारदाना) and cumin (जीरा) powder; mix well and cook cover for 2 minutes on low heat or until oil separates.
- Garnish with chopped coriander (हरा धनिया) leaves and serve hot.
|Image courtesy of Vivekpat30 via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.