Shahi Paneer – शाही पनीर; as the name implies this dish is shahi (royal). This dish gets its name shahi because of ingredients used in it like dry fruits, fresh cream, cottage cheese, butter and curd. All these said ingredients make this dish shahi. I love its creamy taste, if you like less creamy reduce the quantity of fresh cream to 2 tbsp from ¼ cup; but don’t remove it from recipe. Without cream this dish is not what it is, so don’t any main ingredient.
Have you tried out this recipe??? How was it made, obviously yummy… 😀 Please write on comment box. I love to hear from you my dear readers.
15 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- Paneer (पनीर) - 250 grams
- Cumin (जीरा)powder - ½ tsp.
- Redchilli (लाल मिर्च) powder - ½ tsp.
- Garammasala powder - ¾ tsp.
- Browncardamom (बड़ी इलायची) - 2
- Ginger (अदरक) - 1 inch
- Green chilli (हरी मिर्च) - 1
- Onion (प्याज) - 1 medium
- Tomato (टमाटर) - 4 medium
- Coriander (धनिया) leaves - 1 tsp.
- Tomato sauce - 2tbsp.
- Curd (दही) - ½ cup
- Cashewnut (काजू) - 5-10
- Fresh cream - ¼cup
- Butter (मक्खन) - 3 tbsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Soak cashew nut (काजू) in water for 30 minutes and make fine paste. Keep aside.
- Cut paneer (पनीर) into cubes. Chop ginger (अदरक), tomato (टमाटर) and coriander (धनिया) leaves. Grate onion (प्याज). Slit green chilli (हरी मिर्च). Crush brown cardamom (बड़ी इलायची). Beat curd (दही). Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp. butter (मक्खन) in a pan and add chopped ginger (अदरक), grated onion (प्याज), slited green chilli (हरी मिर्च) and crushed brown cardamom (बड़ी इलायची). Sauté till onion(प्याज) translucent.
- Add chopped tomato (टमाटर) and cook cover for 8-10 minutes.
- After that add beaten curd (दही) and cashew nut (काजू) paste. Further cook for 4-5 minutes and remove from heat. Let it cook.
- Once cool enough, make a puree of this mixture and strain this puree.
- After that heat 1 tbsp. butter (मक्खन) in a pan and add this puree on it. Cook till oil separates from sides of mixture puree.
- Now add salt, red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, cumin (जीरा) powder, garam masala powder and tomato sauce. Add enough water so that there can be thick gravy. Keep on low flame and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- After that add fresh cream and mix well. Now add cubed paneer (पनीर) and mix well. Cook further for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander (धनिया) leaves and serve hot.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.