Palak Paneer – पालक पनीर; is one of the Punjab famous dish. When palak (spinach) puree & diced paneer (cottage cheese) seasoned Indian spices and tomato puree this gave your nice and smooth gravy texture palak paneer. People love to have palak paneer with missi roti, naan or plain roti.
Thinking of trying this dish??? Please share your experience with of making Palak Paneer at home here in comment box.
For more such recipes subscribe or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Palak PaneerCourse: Dinner, Lunch, MainCuisine: Indian
This Palak Paneer is a spinach puree and diced cottage cheese seasoned in an Indian spices. Can have main dish with Chapattis or naan.
Spinach (पालक) – 1 kg
Cottage Cheese (पनीर) – 250 grams
Bay Leaf (तेज पत्ता) – 3-4
Cumin (जीरा) Seeds – 1 tsp.
Turmeric (हल्दी) Powder – ½ tsp.
Red Chilli (लाल मिर्च) Powder – ¾ tsp.
Coriander (धनिया) Powder – ½ tsp.
Garam Masala (गरम मसाला) Powder – ¾ tsp.
Dry Mango (आमचूर) Powder – ¾ tsp.
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 inch
Garlic (लहसुन) – 7-8 flakes
Green Chilli (हरी मिर्च) – 2
Tomato (टमाटर) – 4 medium
Onion (प्याज) – 1 medium
Coriander (धनिया) Leaves – 2 tbsp.
Fresh Cream (ताजा मलाई) – 1 tsp.
Butter (मक्खन) – 2 tsp.
Oil (तेल) – 3 tsp.
Pinch of Sugar (चीनी) granules (चीनी के दाने).
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Cut Cottage Cheese (पनीर) in cubes and lightly fry it in 1 tsp. butter (मक्खन), till golden brown. Blanch tomato (टमाटर) in hot water, peel and puree them. Chop coriander (धनिया) leaves. Keep aside.
- Remove spinach (पालक) leaves from stem and wash leaves well.
- In a heavy base pan boil 2 cup of water and add spinach (पालक), onion (प्याज), green chilli (हरी मिर्च), ginger (अदरक) and garlic (लहसुन) with the pinch of sugar granules (चीनी के दाने). Let them boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let spinach (पालक) mixture to cool.
- When it’s cool enough, blend this mixture to make a thick paste with hand blender. Keep aside.
- Heat oil and 1 tsp. butter (मक्खन) in a heavy base pan; add bay leaf (तेज पत्ता) and cumin (जीरा) seeds.
- When cumin (जीरा) starts crackling add tomato (टमाटर) puree and cook them on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- After that add spinach (पालक) paste along with turmeric (हल्दी) powder, red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, coriander (धनिया) powder, garam masala (गरम मसाला) powder, dry mango (आमचूर) powder and salt (नमक) as per taste. Cook further for 5 minutes.
- Now add fried cottage cheese (पनीर) cubes in this spinach (पालक) mixture and cook covered for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Garnish with fresh cream and chopped coriander (धनिया) leaves. Serve hot.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.