Medu Vada – मेंदू वडा; an Indian donut, as sometime English men says :P. This is not sweet like donut, its salty and deep fried; but has a donut shape, made up with Split black gram (धूलि उड़द दाल) mix. Crispy outside soft inside, every Indian must love it.
Did you try it??? Share here in comment box, how it was made???
For more such recipes subscribe or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Medu VadaCourse: Starter, SidesCuisine: Indian
Medu Vada an Indian savoury donut; made up with Split black gram mix. Can have with Green Chutney and Mithi Chutney or Sāmbhar.
Split Black Gram (धूलि उड़द दाल) – 250 grams
Rice (चावल) – 3 tbsp.
Onions (प्याज़) – 1 large
Green Chilli (हरी मिर्च) – 3
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 inch
Curry Leaves (करी पत्ते) – 8-10
Oil (तेल) for deep fry.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Soak split black gram (उड़द दाल) and rice (चावल) together for 4-5 hours in water. After that drain it from water and make a very smooth paste in grinder. Keep aside.
- Finely chop onions (प्याज़), green chilli (हरी मिर्च), ginger (अदरक) and curry leaves (करी पत्ते).
- Add them into black gram (उड़द दाल) paste with salt and mix well.
- Apply oil in your hand and take small portion from black gram (उड़द दाल) mixture and flatten it with your hands. Make a small hole in the centre and drop in hot oil.
- Fry till golden brown and then place them in a tissue paper; it will absorb extra oil from medu vada.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and Sāmbhar.
|Image courtesy of Lubnakarim06 via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.