Boiled smooth velvety noodles fried in crispy veggies. I love my veg chowmein full of veggies and I must sure you too. Whenever my tummy wants to eat Chinese only veg chowmein comes on my mind. On my college days I love to have chowmein, whenever me and my best friend go out of lunch in our college days we must order chowmein. From those days I want to make chowmein and tried so many times but did not get perfection; past 2 year back one day I made them in oven and then they made perfect and then I learn how to make perfect chowmein.
This recipe is not microwave veg chowmein recipe as after learn making perfect chowmein I always make it over gas stove in a pan and I love to make my chowmein over gas stove… that’s why no microwave recipe.
I this recipe I use ajinomoto, you can avoid it. As some people don’t want ajinomoto in their dish, very health conscious people… :p. Specially ajinomoto is use to enhance the taste of chowmein, if you add it you get more perfect veg chowmein. Without ajinomoto your veg chowmein is also perfect but not as much like with ajinomoto.
Have any question, please feel free to ask. I always read and reply on each and every comment, as I love to hear from my readers.
For more such recipes subscribe or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Veg ChowmeinCourse: Fast Food, Snacks, Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Chinese, Indian, Indo-Chinese
This road side or restaurant famous Veg Chowmein are all time faviroit. Can have as as a snack or full time meal with manchurian or Cheese Chilli.
Noodle – 400 grams (1 packet)
Carrot (गाजर) – 2 Medium
Capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) – 2 Medium
Cabbage (पत्तागोभी) – 1 Small
Beans (बीन्स) – 10-12
Onion (प्याज) – 2 Medium
Green Chilli (हरी मिर्च) – 2
Ajinomoto – 1 tbsp.
Black Pepper (कालीमिर्च) Powder – 1/2 tsp.
Soya Sauce – 1 tsp.
Tomato Sauce – 2 tbsp.
Chilli Sauce – 1 tsp.
Vinegar (सिरका) – 2 tbsp.
Oil (तेल) – 4 tbsp.
Water (पानी) to boil noodle.
Salt (नमक) to taste.
- Slice Carrot (गाजर) and capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) into thin long pieces. Shred cabbage (पत्तागोभी). Slice beans (बीन्स) and onion (प्याज). Finely chop green chilli (हरी मिर्च).
- Boil water in a deep pan; add little salt and 1/2 tbsp. oil. Add noodle and cook them for 5-10 minutes until fully cook. Immediately after boiling, remove noodles from hot water and rinse with cold running water to quickly cool them. Add 1/2 tbsp. oil and mix well with gentle hands, take care noodles will not break and not stick to each other. Keep aside.
- Now in a pan heat remaining oil and add chopped green chilli (हरी मिर्च). Sauté for a minute.
- Now add all vegetables except onion (प्याज), add salt to taste, pepper (कालीमिर्च) powder and ajinomoto. Cook till all veggies in low heat to semi cook. Now add onion (प्याज). Mix well and cook further for 2-3 minutes.
- Add soya sauce, tomato sauce, chilli sauce and vinegar. Mix well.
- Finally add boiled noodles. Mix well and toss. Cook for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot with manchurian-gravy.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
Which chilli sauce do you use, green or red?
Its up to you, I always use green chilli sauce… But if you have red, you can also use that too… Using green chilli sauce give hot & sour taste.
Sucheta please share how was it made and which sauce you used.