Manchurian Idli twisted version of normal traditional South Indian Idli.
Everyone love idle and in south it is a famous breakfast, but why always usual idli. Give your idli a new taste. This recipe is a twist to regular idle. When cooked idli sauté in onion & capsicum mix. Like regular idli I love this form of idli too.
Try out this twisted idle “a manchurian idli”.
Did you made manchurian idli by using this recipe? Please share your experience with us here in comment box.
For more such recipes subscribe or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Manchurian IdliCourse: Snacks, SidesCuisine: Indian
This Manchurian Idli is a twisted version of the traditional Idli; everyone love it. Can have as snack or side dish.
Cooked Idli’s – 5
Cornflour – 2 tbsp – 1/2 tsp.
All Purpose Flour (मैदा) – 2 tbsp.
Capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) – 1/2
Onion (प्याज) – 1 big
Spring Onion (हरी प्याज) – 1
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 1/2 inch.
Garlic (लहसुन) – 4-6 cloves
Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) Powder – 3/4 tsp.
Black pepper (कालीमिर्च) Powder – 1/4 tsp.
Soya Sauce – 1/4 tsp.
Tomato Sauce – 2 tbsp.
Oil (तेल) – 3 tbsp.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Make paste of 1/2 inch. ginger (अदरक) and 2-3 cloves garlic (लहसुन) paste. Keep aside.
- Cut idli in cubes. Cut capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) in square pieces. Finely chop 1 inch. piece of ginger (अदरक), 2-3 cloves of garlic (लहसुन), onion (प्याज), spring onion (हरी प्याज) white part and green part separately. Keep aside.
- In 2 tbsp. water, mix 1/2 tsp cornflour. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl add 2 tbsp. cornflour, all-purpose flour (मैदा), ginger- garlic (अदरक-लहसुन) paste, red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, and water. Make thick paste. Now add idli.
- Heat frying pan, add 2 tbsp. oil and shallow fry idli’s to turns golden brown. Put them on a tissue paper to drain excess oil. Keep aside.
- Now in a same pan, heat 1 tbsp. oil and add chopped ginger (अदरक), garlic (लहसुन) and spring onion (हरी प्याज) white part. Sauté for a minute.
- Now add onion (प्याज) and sauté until onion (प्याज) becomes translucent.
- Then add capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Put flame on high and add soya sauce, tomato sauce, water dissolve cornflour, salt as per taste and little water. Bring it to boil.
- After that add fried idli and black pepper (काली मिर्च) powder, mix well so the idli coated with sauce well. Add spring onion (हरी प्याज) green part and sauté for a minute.
- Serve hot as a side dish or evening snack.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.