How To Make Soft Chapattis?
How to make soft chapattis? Making perfect and soft chapattis is an art; basically a whole cooking is an art itself. In ancient days ladies cook at their kitchen with such food processor kind equipment and the taste of their meal is far away good then today’s cooking, they never use any measuring cups or spoons etc. Let’s come to the point, in India chapattis are daily meal part, none of the meal complete without chapattis and perfect soft chapattis are loved by everyone.
When I start learning cooking me always avoids making chapattis but later on I tried to make and in starting they are perfect round but not soft. I tried and tried but did not get success and then finally I Google. 🙂 Here I found one yahoo question and on that question one reply is telling me how to make perfect soft chapattis. Next time I made chapattis by that way and they become perfect round and soft. And from that day I am making perfect round soft chapattis. 😛
I am also telling you one secret of my perfect soft chapattis which I learned from my experience not from that yahoo answer… 😉 ; that nicely knead dough only makes perfect soft chapattis. So, knead your dough perfectly and then see the magic.
Tell me now you can make perfect soft chapattis or still need improvement, I will help you if you need.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- In large deep bowl take wheat flour (आटा) and refined oil, mix them well.
- Now add little water and mix wheat flour (आटा) to make them together.
- Now add more little water and start kneading. Continue kneading until dough become softens. Whenever require add little water.
- Cover the dough with cloth and keep it for 15-20 minutes.
- Now heat the tawa. Divide dough into 5 equal portions; roll each part in-between your palm to make ball, after that flatten the ball with you hand.
- Place 1 flatten ball into rolling board and roll the flatten ball with rolling pin to make flat round circle. If require sprinkle some dry wheat flour (आटा) over it. Do it with each flatten ball.
- Once tawa heated properly, put these round circle chapatti on this hot tawa. Cook for a ½ minute or you see little bubble on chapatti, and then flip the chapatti with tong (चिमटा) to cook from other side, now cook it for a minute. Remove it from tawa with tong (चिमटा) and cook directly on flame from 1st side until chapatti will fully puffed. Cook second side also little bit on direct flame. Do it for all round circle Chapattis.
- Remove and immediately apply desi ghee (देसी घी) and put each Chapattis on casserole by wrapping with cloth.
• Always cover your casserole while making other Chapattis. • Make a stack of Chapattis, once all done flip the stack upside down to keep Chapattis worm long. • Wrap Chapattis on napkin/cloth, to keep them soften. • Don’t overcook Chapattis, otherwise they become hard like papads.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.