Ratatouille’s Ratatouille (Confit Byaldi)
Who is the fan of chef mouse from the movie Ratatouille and want to make his movie signature dish called Confit Byaldi??? When I show Ratatouille movie first time in end of 2007 on my cousin laptop, from that day I want to make this Confit Byaldi recipe – I called it Ratatouille’s Ratatouille… 🙂 Google lots of time, search many recipe websites and then on 2015 finally I found its recipe and try out of making. Here showing the recipe which I usually follow to Ratatouille’s Ratatouille (Confit Byaldi); I am not mentioning one website name here because not follow any such website to make this dish only read few recipes and make the dish after that.
Pure veg, full of veggies, baked dish from French cuisine. I love its colourful decoration and different veggies taste. Hope you also love while your follow this recipe. Please share what you feel after making this recipe.
This Confit Byaldi also know as Ratatouille’s Ratatouille from Ratatouille movie is a main course dish from French cuisine. Can have with any kind of bread.
Eggplant (बैंगन) Long – 2
Summer Squash (ज़ुकुनी/ कद्दू) – 1
Red Capsicum (लाल शिमला मिर्च) – 2
Onion (प्याज) – 1
Tomatoes (टमाटर) – 4+4
Fresh Thyme (अजवायन के फूल) – 2 sprig
Coriander Leaves (हरा धनिया) – 1 sprig
Bay Leaf (तेज पत्ता) – 1/2
Garlic (लहसुन) – 8-10 cloves
Grapes Vinegar (अंगूर का सिरका) – 1 tbsp.
Black Pepper (काली मिर्च) Powder as much required.
Oil (तेल) – 2 tsbp.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Make halves, deseed and remove ribs of red capsicum (लाल शिमला मिर्च). Mince the garlic (लहसुन). Finely dice onion (प्याज). Peel, finely dice, deseeded, juice reserved of 4 tomatoes (टमाटर). Thinly slice eggplant (बैंगन) long, summer squash (ज़ुकुनी/ कद्दू) and 4 tomatoes (टमाटर). Keep aside.
- Remove the skin of halve cut red capsicum (लाल शिमला मिर्च) by heating it over direct flame. Keep red capsicum (लाल शिमला मिर्च) 1 inch above the flame and toasting it like marshmallow. To hold the red capsicum (लाल शिमला मिर्च) while heating use fork. Now let them cool, remove the skin and finely chop. Keep aside.
- In pan heat oil, 1 tbsp. minced garlic (लहसुन) and diced onion (प्याज); sauté on a low heat about 7-8 minutes until onion (प्याज) become soften (not golden brown). Add chopped deseed tomato (टमाटर) with their juices, 1 sprig of thyme (अजवायन), coriander leaves (हरा धनिया) and bay leaf (तेज पत्ता). Sauté for 9-10 minute, but not let them brown only little softens. Now add chopped red capsicum (लाल शिमला मिर्च), salt to taste and little black pepper (काली मिर्च) powder. Cook little more on simmer for 5-10 minute, till red capsicum (लाल शिमला मिर्च) becomes soften. Your sauce is ready.
- Take big baking dish; spread the sauce at the bottom of dish, not very thick layer.
- Now starting from edge arrange sliced veggies – eggplant (बैंगन) long, summer squash (ज़ुकुनी/ कद्दू) and 4 tomatoes (टमाटर); by repeating this sequence, overlapping so the little slice of each veggie exposed, do it till all dish cover with all veggies.
- Sprinkle oil, left over garlic (लहसुन), thyme (अजवायन) leaves of 1 spring, grapes vinegar (अंगूर का सिरका), black pepper (काली मिर्च) powder and salt to taste. Cover bowl with foil and crimp sides to seal well.
- Preheat the oven at 135°C and bake these assembled veggies until all veggies tender well, near about 2 hours. Uncover and bake for 30 minute more, if needed slightly cover with foil so veggies not become brown. If there is some liquid, cook more to reduce the liquid.
- Serve hot with rice, chapattis or naan.
|Image courtesy of Wikidemon via English Wikipedia|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.