Besan Kadhi-बेसन कढ़ी; is an Indian curry made up by little sour curd and gram flour (बेसन). In kadhi a pakoda also a main ingredient, without pakoda kadhi is just a simple curry without anything. Someone uses simple gram flour (बेसन) pakoda. Some made onion or potato pakoda. I love onion pakoda so I mention here onion pakoda but if you don’t love it change and use any kind of your taste pakoda. Besan kadhi best go with rice on summer but you can make it in any season and have it with chapattis or naan too.
So, did you made besan kadhi using this recipe? How was it made? Please share your experience here in comment box with us. I love to hear from my readers.
Gram Flour (बेसन) – 4 tbsp.
Fenugreek (मेथी) Seeds – 1 tsp.
Asafoetida (हींग) – 1/2 tsp.
Onion (प्याज) – 3 big
Garlic (लहसुन) – 4-5 cloves
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 inch
Green Chilli (हरी मिर्च) – 2
Coriander Leaves (हरा धनिया) – 4-5 Springs
Cloves (लौंग) – 3-4
Curry Leaves (करी पत्ते) – 1 spring
Turmeric (हल्दी) – 1 tsp.
Red Chilli (लाल मिर्च) Powder – 1 tsp.
ChaAt Masala – 1/2 tbsp.
Dried Ginger Powder (सोंठ) – 1/2 tsp.
Curd (दही) – 1/2 kg
Oil (तेल)as much requires.
Water (पानी) as much requires.
Salt (नमक)as per taste.
- Finely chop onion (प्याज), garlic (लहसुन), green chilli (हरी मिर्च) and coriander leaves (हरा धनिया). Grate ginger (अदरक). Keep aside.
- In a deep bowl take 2 finely chop onion (प्याज), green chilli (हरी मिर्च) and coriander (हरा धनिया) leaves; add 2 tbsp. gram flour (बेसन), 1/2 tbsp. red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, chat masala and salt to taste. Mix well so the onions fully cover with gram flour (बेसन), if needed add little water.
- In a deep pan heat sufficient oil, take spoon full and drop it into hot oil, deep fry till golden brown. Place in a tissue paper, so extra oil absorbed. Keep aside these onion pakora‘s.
- In a deep bowl take curd (दही) and water, mix well. Now add remaining gram flour (बेसन) on this mixture and mix well so no lumps left. Now add turmeric (हल्दी), remaining red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder and salt to taste. Mix well. Keep aside.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp. oil and add remaining chopped onion (प्याज), sauté for a minute. Now add chopped garlic (लहसुन), grated ginger (अदरक), curry leaves (करी पत्ते), red chillies (लाल मिर्च), cloves (लौंग), asafoetida (हींग) and fenugreek (मेथी) seeds. Sauté till onion (प्याज) become translucent.
- Now simmer the flame and pour curd (दही)-water mix. Bring it to boil on high flame, keep stirring.
- Cook uncovered on simmer for 30-45 minutes. Keep stirring often, so that the khari don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Now add dried ginger powder (सोंठ) and mix well.
- Finally add onion pakora’s which you make previously and switch of the gas. Keep aside cover for 20-30 minutes.
- Garnish Besan Kadhi with chopped coriander leaves (हरा धनिया) and serve hot with rice.
- If you don’t like onion pakora’s in kadhi, you can also make simple gram flour (बेसन) pakora’s by adding salt in gram flour (बेसन) with little water and deep fry.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.