Cannelloni is Italian cuisine cylindrical type of pasta which baked with a filling and top up by a sauce before serving. Ricotta cheese filling is most popular but as in India cottage is easily available so, I use cottage cheese intend of ricotta. If you love pumpkin & pasta too, then you must love this fusion.
Try out this Pumpkin cannelloni with cottage cheese and share your experience here in comment box. I want to know my readers review and love to hear from them.
Pumpkin CannelloniCourse: Fast Food, Veg FoodCuisine: Italian
This Italian Cannelloni with twist is perfect for any fast food hunger and can have a meal too.
- Peel and roughly cut pumpkin (कद्दू). Peel and finely chop garlic (लहसुन). Mesh cottage cheese (पनीर). Grate parmesan cheese. Chop 8-10 fresh mint (पुदीना) leaves. Keep aside.
- Preheat oven at 180° C.
- In a large pan cover cook pumpkin (कद्दू) with 3/4 cup of water until get tender for 20 minutes.
- Sift to a bowl, let it cool and mesh until smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat 1.5 tbsp. olive oil in a pan and sauté chopped garlic (लहसुन) until golden brown. Sift into mortar and pestle and make a paste.
- Put this garlic (लहसुन) paste into pumpkin (कद्दू) paste along with messed cottage cheese (पनीर), grated parmesan cheese, chopped fresh mint (पुदीना), black pepper (काली मिर्च) powder and salt to taste. Mix well. Keep aside to set.
- Now in a deep pan boil water cook lasagna sheets until tender for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer these cooked lasagna sheets into a plate and drizzle some olive oil over them so, they not stick each other. Also reserve water on which you cook lasagna sheets.
- Grace the baking tray with oil.
- In a plane dry plate place the cooked lasagna sheets and pour 4 tbsp. pumpkin mix over it on the center roll into a cylindrical tube. Repeat it with all lasagna sheets and then place them over the graced baking tray.
- Take 1/4 cup of reserve pasta water and pour it over lasagna roll, cover it with foil tightly and bake for 20-25 minutes until goes tender.
- Now heat butter in a pan, add 2-3 fresh mint (पुदीना) leaves and cook over medium heat until mint (पुदीना) leaves turns golden brown.
- Drizzle it over Pumpkin Cannelloni and serve hot.
- If you can use freshly ground black pepper as it’s gave you rich taste.
- You can use your leftover reserve water for making any curry dish.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.