“Dal Thepla” or “Thepla” is a Gujarati cuisine breakfast roti / paratha or Indian bread. Thepla is made up by making dough of Indian dry spices like turmeric (हल्दी) powder, red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder etc. with whole wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा); it is fry on tawa by applying ghee (घी) or vegetable oil (तेल).
Tryout this Gujarati dal thepla and share your experience with us and our readers.
For more such recipes subscribe or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Dal TheplaCourse: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: Indian
This Gujarati cuisine Dal Thepla is full of nutrition’s and can have for breakfast to gave boost start to you day.
Whole Wheat Fflour (गेहूं का आटा) – 2 cups
Turmeric (हल्दी) Powder – 1/2 tsp. + 1/2 tsp.
Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) Powder – 1/2 tsp.
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 inch 1 piece
Coriander Leaves (हरा धनिया) – few sprigs
Mint Leaves (पुदीना) – few sprigs
Fenugreek Leaves (मेथी) – few sprigs
Ghee (घी) – 6.5 tsp.
Oil (तेल) – 1/2 tsp.
Water (पानी) as much required.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Finely chop ginger (अदरक). Chop coriander leaves (हरा धनिया), mint leaves (पुदीना) and fenugreek leaves (मेथी). Keep aside.
- Wash and soak Pigeon peas spilt and skinned lentils (तुअर दाल) for 1 hour in water.
- Now in a pressure cooker add soaked lentils (दाल), 1/2 tsp. turmeric (हल्दी) powder, 1/2 tsp. oil (तेल) and cook for 10-12 minutes. Switch of the gas and leave pressure cooker to cool naturally.
- Now in a bowl mix cooked lentils (दाल), whole wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा), 1/2 tsp. turmeric (हल्दी) powder, red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, finely chopped ginger (अदरक), chopped coriander leaves (हरा धनिया), mint leaves (पुदीना), fenugreek leaves (मेथी) and salt to taste. Make soft dough by kneading with your hand. Cover and keep aside for half hour.
- Now heat the tawa. Divide dough into 10 equal portions; roll each part in-between your palm to make ball, after that flatten the ball with your hand.
- Place 1 flatten ball into rolling board and roll the flatten ball with rolling pin to make flat round circle. If require sprinkle some dry wheat flour (आटा) over it. Do it with each flatten ball.
- Once tawa heated properly, put one raw thepla on this hot tawa. Cook it until golden brown spots appear on bottom side, flip and apply some ghee (घी), flip and apply some ghee (घी) on other side too. Cook for 1-2 minutes flip several times in-between. Do it with every raw thepla.
- Serve hot with curd or chutney or some pickle; as you like.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.