Cake for Vegetarian’s, yes it is “Eggless Lemon Sponge Cake”. A lemon flavored very soft and moist cake. You must love it when you make it at home. Have it at anytime like tea time or as a evening snack, I love it in evening because I don’t drink tea.
So wanna to try out it??? Please share your experience with us in comment box.
For more such recipes subscribe or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Eggless Lemon Sponge CakeCourse: Snacks, DessertCuisine: Other world cuisine
This Eggless Lemon Sponge Cake is for vegetarians; who love cakes but can not have as its have egg. Can make for any occasion like birthday party, house party or just to eat in evening tea time.
All Purpose Flour (मैदा) – 1 3/4 cup
Baking Soda – 1 tsp.
Baking Powder – 2 tsp.
Unsalted Butter – 75 grams
White Granulated Sugar – 1/2 cup
Lemon Zest – 1 tbsp.
Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp.
Milk (दूध) – 1/2 cup
Icing Sugar – 4 tbsp.
- In a bowl sift all purpose flour (मैदा), baking soda and baking powder. Keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 200° C for 5-10 minutes.
- Start with whisking room temperature unsalted butter until light and fluffy, you see its turn into pale yellow.
- Now start adding white granulated sugar and keep whisking until properly combine.
- Now add lemon zest and 1 tbsp. lemon juice; mix well.
- Start adding all purpose flour (मैदा) mix and milk alternately little by little into this butter mix and mix smoothly until milk and all purpose flour (मैदा) mix finish.
- Grace the tray with butter and pour this butter all purpose flour (मैदा) mix into it.
- Bake it on 180° C for 25 minute or until knife inserted into the center of cake and come out clean. Take out from oven and keep aside to cool in room temperature.
- Meanwhile prepare its glaze; take icing sugar into a bowl with 1 tbsp. lemon juice. Mix well.
- When cake cool enough, pour glaze over it – make sure cake cover completely with glaze.
- Serve it now or store covered in the refrigerator for later use.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
Ever since I developed an egg allergy I’ve been on the look-out for tasty recipes to make at home, this one did not disappoint! I was a LITTLE wary when I had the batter mixed up, because it seemed thicker than what I’m used to for making cakes, but I trusted the recipe the way it’s laid out and it worked out great! 25 minutes in a 350(Fahrenheit) oven and this cake came out beautifully! I’m making it to share with my family for Easter; I can’t wait to let them all try it!
Thanks Kino for trying my recipe…
Eggless Lemon Sponge Cake Recipe
A simple Egg-free lemon sponge cake recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends