Dosa is a part of South Indian cuisine, basically made up of rice. Dosa has many verities like Vegetable Dosa, Rawa Dosa, Neer Dosa etc. Neer Dosa typically meaning water dosa, it is basically a rice roti. It is prepared with the mixture of soaked rice and fresh grated coconut without fermentation process.
Try out this Neer Dosa recipe and share your experience with us.
- Soak rice (चावल) in about 4 cups of water for 5 hours.
- Rinse the soaked rice (चावल) and grade them in a grinder with fresh coconut (ताजे नारियल की गिरी). Make a fine paste.
- Now add the 5 cup of water and salt as per taste. Mix well. Make thin flowing watery consistency batter.
- Heat non-stick pan and sprinkle little oil. Spread oil all over the pan.
- Now stir batter and pour a full of batter ladle in a pan in moving upward to inside direction, spread evenly by moving pan. If some gaps fill it with some batter.
- Now cover the pan with the lid until cook completely.
- Make a triangular fold of Neer Dosa over pan and place in a plate.
- Serve hot with with Sāmbhar or coconut chutney.
- If needed soak rice over night, usually in winters and cool places like hills.
|Image courtesy of Pebble101 via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.