Baby Corn Masala Curry
Baby Corn Masala Curry – Baby corns are cereal grain taken from corn; they are harvested early when they are small and immature. With baby corn you can make lots of dishes and soups. Today, I am going to tell you Indian Punjabi style baby corn masala curry recipe. This recipes contain all of the major spices which are used in north Indian cuisine.
Please try and share your experience with me on comment box bellow. I love to hear from my readers.
Baby corn – 250 grams
Onion (प्याज) – 1
Tomatoes (टमाटर) – 3
Garlic (लहसुन) – 4-5 cloves
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 1/2 inch piece
Green chilli (हरी मिर्च) – 2 (optional)
Cinnamon (दालचीनी) – 1 1/2 inch piece
Cloves (लौंग) – 3
Mace (जावित्री) – 1
Cashew nuts (काजू) – 5-6
Melon seeds (मगज़) – 2-3 tbsp.
Turmeric powder (हल्दी) – 1 tsp.
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
Coriander powder (धनिया) – 1 tsp.
Red chilli Powder (लाल मिर्च) – 1/2 tsp.
Dry crushed fenugreek leaf (कसूरी मेथी) – 1/2 tsp.
Oil (तेल) – 2 tsp.
Water (पानी) as much needed.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Take black cardamom (बड़ी इलायची) , green cardamom (छोटी इलायची) , cinnamon (दालचीनी), cloves (लौंग) , strand of mace (जावित्री) , cashew nuts (काजू), melon seeds (मगज़) and make fine powder with blender or grinder. If require add little water but not too much.
- Take onion (प्याज), tomatoes (टमाटर), garlic (लहसुन), ginger (अदरक), green chilli (हरी मिर्च); make fine paste of all with blender.
- Add dry spices powder in this paste and blend again to mix well. Keep aside.
- Wash, slice the base and cut them into your desired size but not too big or too small. Keep aside.
- In a heavy base pan heat oil. Add bay leaf (तेज पत्ता); sauté for 1/2 minute.
- Immediately add masala paste which you make above; sauté for 10-15 minutes keep stirring, otherwise masala will stuck on base.
- Now simmer the gas and add Turmeric powder (हल्दी), Garam masala powder, Coriander powder (धनिया), Red chilli Powder (लाल मिर्च). Mix well and sauté for 20-25 minutes on simmer until oil leaves from side of masala. Keep strring in-between.
- Add the baby corns and water; bring it to boil. After that cook covered simmer for 10-15 minutes until baby corns not cooked completely. Now remove the cover and cook for another 1-2 minutes, so the curry with thicken enough for good texture and taste.
- At this time add crushed fenugreek (मेथी) and salt to taste. Mix well and sauté for a minute.
- Your baby corn masala curry is ready now. Garnish with fresh cream and chopped fresh coriander (धनिया). Serve hot with rice, roti, paratha or naan – as you like.
- If require you can slightly roast black cardamom (बड़ी इलायची) , green cardamom (छोटी इलायची) , cinnamon (दालचीनी), cloves (लौंग) , strand of mace (जावित्री) , cashew nuts (काजू), melon seeds (मगज़). It will help you make fine powder.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.