Who love the fragrance and taste of Jeera (Cumin) in their dish also loves this Jeera Rice recipe and those not they also love this form of Rice. You need to try it once; I must say your children and family member definitely love it & want you make it daily. Eat it with veggie dish or without, can take it as you want.
Have you tried this Jeera Rice Recipe? Please share your experience here.
Jeera RiceCourse: Dinner, Lunch, MainCuisine: Indian
This Jeera Rice Made up by cooking basmati rice with jeera and then mix with coriander leaves. Can have with any gravy dish.
Basmati Rice (बासमती चावल) – 1 1/2 cups
Cumin (जीरा) – 2 tsp.
Blarified Butter (घी) – 1 1/2 tsp.
Bay (तेज) Leaf – 1
Cinnamon (दालचीनी) – 2 two inch
Mace (जावित्री) – 1 or 2 threads
Water (पानी) – 3 cups
Coriander Leaves – 6 sprigs
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Wash Basmati rice thoroughly and soak in water for 30-40 minutes.
- After 30-40 minutes drain the rice and keep aside.
- Heat the clarified butter in a pan. On a low or medium flame when the oil becomes hot, add cumin (जीरा), bay (तेज) leaf, black cardamom (बड़ी इलायची), green cardamom (छोटी इलायची) cinnamon (दालचीनी) & mace (जावित्री).
- When cumin seeds start crackling, add the basmati rice and salt as per taste. Stir and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add three cups of water and bring it to a boil. Stir once.
- On a medium flame, cover the pan with a lid. Leave a little gap, otherwise water will boil over. Rice will be done when holes appear on the surface and water has been completely absorbed.
- Fork the rice out onto a serving dish. This will separate each grain.
- Now chop the coriander leaves and mix well them with rice with fork and serve hot.
- You can also make the jeera rice in the pressure cooker, for this add 2 1/4 cups water.
- If using onions, then thin slice them and brown caramelize them first before adding them to the soaked rice. This gives nice light brown color to rice.
- To add nice yellow color, use pinch of turmeric (हल्दी) or a pinch of saffron (केसर).
- For fragrance, add few drops of rose essence while you stir rice in-between.
|Image courtesy of shraddha chaudhari via flickr.com|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.