Kurkuri Bhindi means crispy okra dish, thus is a Indian main course dish but some people serve it as a side dish too. This form of okra (भिन्डी) loved by everyone. When first time I made it’s not become so tasty like restaurant, but I re-try and re-try finally I got success in my 3rd attempt. 🙂 Here is that recipe, please try and tell us when you get perfection.
I love to hear from you about your experience with this recipe.
- Wash and put dry the ladyfingers (भिन्डी) or okra, now cut top and bottom. Slice them into thin strips.
- Lightly massage the okra with fingers, doing this some of the seeds will come out of the okras remove the seeds; it is not necessary to remove all the seeds.
- Put the ladyfingers (भिन्डी) or okra in a bowl, add salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala, dry mango powder (अमचूर) and cumin (जीरा) powder and mix well. Ladyfingers (भिन्डी) or okra should be well coated with spices.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes. Okras will become moist because of the salt.
- Sprinkle Gram flour (बेसन), mix slowly and keep mixing by lightly rubbing them until okras are coated well.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Drop the slices into the hot oil and deep fry on medium heat till golden and crisp. Take the ladyfingers (भिन्डी) or okra out and place them on paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Kurkuri or Kurmuri bhindi is ready to be served. Serve hot.
- If you want sprinkle some chaat masala over fired okra before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.